Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on talksport Friday @ 7

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Keys is such a creep

albionite

May 20, 2009
He did mention his lawyer and the court case.

Slipped it in saying there are 3 reasons to why he was sacked but could not mention of one of them because of lawyer's advice when it goes to court, then didn't mention the other 2 reasons. Sh*t journalism not pressing gus at least for the other 2 reasons.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As expected, nothing of note from a very soft interview.

Lots of charm, spin and waffle. Described sacking as farcical, but would not go into "three reasons" for it on legal advice.

Hinted at a couple of things, that board didn't like his growing power, and the more ludicrous notion that they wanted to change managers just to be like everyone else changing managers.

Hammed it up big time about Reading decision loyalty - failing to mention, as did Keys, that they were virtually nailed on to go down at the time. Might have had something to do with it..

And reckons he is in the frame for a Premier League job on next appopintment if right one comes up.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just wasted two minutes of my ALBION life listening to that shit-----------------------Gus lives in cuckoo world.

Lets hope we TONK Millwall tomorrow to further distance ourselves from his meanderings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking at what we've spent so far then he was offered a budget of half a million. Big Bucks!

The budget, including vast team management & player wages, Poyet was handed meant we would have been massively over the mandatory FL FFP rules, as they were generating vast losses in the Amex era. Bitter pill to swallow, but the Albion had no choice but have to rein in expenditure, just as others have had to such as Leicester City.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Awful work from Keys. I wish a journo would ask properly whether he did indeed call Bloom before the Palace game asking to leave and demand a yes or no answer. If Poyet says he didn't then we literally have his word against Bloom. Just saying that he showed loyalty by not going to Reading is a non-answer. And yes, I'm interested!

What a terrible, terrible station Talk Sport is by the way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So was there ANY new information, even non-Albion related like whether he's had any managerial job offers, when he's looking to return to the dugout? Even ask the guy whether he'd be prepared to manage Palace in the future would have been a great question. I'm so glad the buffoon Keys is off our screens, absolute amateur.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Also said for reasons he doesn't understand in football.

I read that to be that he thinks employment law does not apply to football. Well if that's the case wakey wakey Gustavo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Slipped it in saying there are 3 reasons to why he was sacked but could not mention of one of them because of lawyer's advice when it goes to court, then didn't mention the other 2 reasons. Sh*t journalism not pressing gus at least for the other 2 reasons.

I wasn't expecting great journalism. It is Talksport after all.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Absolutely nothing new, surprised at the decision, etc, blah blah blah. Keys, being the shite journo he is, didn't ask about the alleged phone call. Or whether or not he'll be Fulham manager when Jol gets sacked before the beginning of October (and if any 'previous conversations' might have helped with his appointment). Allegedly.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Keys, 'We want our Gus back'. ********

albionite

May 20, 2009
If our budget is half what Reading have to spend, how much have they spent already? Good chance we have more to come just based on Bridge's wages.

When he turned Reading down heard they offered him £24m budget for this year which is double what we was offering

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I didn't listen, so might be way off, but did he mean "there are three reasons and I can't tell you about any single one of them" rather than "there are three reasons, and one of them has to stay unmentioned"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here