Gus needs help..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder why we're running out of people who can say something stupid BUT interesting. We definitely need some nob starting idiotic threads beyond those sponsored by the Gus Poyet Anti-Imperfection Advisory Board, the council of which is chockablock with witless dunces.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Christ on a bike we do have some strange supporters amongst us!

Gus does need help, he needs everyone behind him and the team and not little bitches spouting shit on message boards and moaning in the stands because we are not top of one of the world’s most competitive leagues.

So far we’ve not seen much booing at home games but judging by some of the comments on here and on the Argus website it’s only a matter of time before the boo boys start becoming vocal.

I think we need to show Gus and the team that despite our blip we are completely behind him and have absolute faith in his style of play, starting with a chorus of Gus Poyet’s blue and white army at the next home game for a good ten minutes, with everyone on their feet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Christ on a bike we do have some strange supporters amongst us!

Gus does need help, he needs everyone behind him and the team and not little bitches spouting shit on message boards and moaning in the stands because we are not top of one of the world’s most competitive leagues.

So far we’ve not seen much booing at home games but judging by some of the comments on here and on the Argus website it’s only a matter of time before the boo boys start becoming vocal.

I think we need to show Gus and the team that despite our blip we are completely behind him and have absolute faith in his style of play, starting with a chorus of Gus Poyet’s blue and white army at the next home game for a good ten minutes, with everyone on their feet.

I'm pretty sure that the comments on The Argus website are from the same retards turning up on here recently.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm pretty sure that the comments on The Argus website are from the same retards turning up on here recently.

More than likely.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
very poor please try harder
f--.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We are in a slump results wise. However Gus WILL sort it out, he IS the man (with a 5 year plan) and does NOT need help. However.....

Monday pointed out some inadequacies that have been hanging around for a while now. We gave away a silly goal, gave away too many free kicks and yellow cards due to being caught in possession and while we LOOKED good we wouldn't have scored if we'd carried on playing till now. I'm nearly as staggered at how many people think we were brilliant on Monday as I am staggered at the stupidity of the OP (but not quite).

I'm sure Gus is well aware of these and has plans A, B and C to deal with them. But you really can't expect all our fans to realise this. We live in a world where instant success is expected, where Sven Goran Eriksson gets sacked 13 games in to a new season and managers like Wenger, Ferguson and Dario Gradi are the exception not the rule. If you don't see beyond today, if you read countless 'MANAGER OUT' stories in The Sun you jump to the conclusion of the OP.

Of course it COULD be a wind up (the mention of Wise was unbelievable) but that probably shouldn't stop the pointing out that we have some very obvious limitations at the moment. It's definitely not irony. I understand irony. Back when I used to post it was virtually all you got on NSC.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wonder why we're running out of people who can say something stupid BUT interesting. We definitely need some nob starting idiotic threads beyond those sponsored by the Gus Poyet Anti-Imperfection Advisory Board, the council of which is chockablock with witless dunces.

i have three baby otters in my wardrobe , two of which will only eat cauliflower and the other who will only eat spam.........i haven't been out for a while.

marybha123

Aug 22, 2008
Eastbourne
I am seriously getting bored with all the moaning. Clearly some of these supporters werent with us during some of our darker days at the Goldstone and The preistfield ! Pack it in and get behind Gus and the boys.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Okay so everyone saw the Liverpool game on tv and knows how we play, gus is claiming "we're back, brighton are back", he has never been in this situation as a football manager, he's worried and inexperienced.

His style of play and tactics are so naive and basic. All he has taught the players to do is pass the ball to eachother, there is alot more to football than that. First rule in football is to try keep the ball, yes i agree! they cant defend, they play so open that its so easy for the other team, they just wait for us to do a bad pass and then capitalise on it.

We have our one and only tactic, which is to keep the ball at the back and through midfield and make it look like we're outplaying teams! If we have 79% possession and we still cant have a clear cut chance? how is that branded good football?

Im not blaming poyet, he is very new to management and has alot to learn.

BUT..

He desperately needs help with coaches and backroom staff if he wants to take albion to the next level!

p.s Dennis Wise to help coach one thinks! :bigwave:

username says it all

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
HISTORY OF THE WUM
SUNDAY, 4 MAY 2008
The Meaning and History behind the WUM
The truth behind the WUM (acronym of Wind-Up Merchant).
The year was 1542 and King Henry VIII of England had just eaten the Merchant of Venice(famous for being the last of the merchants). They were all devoured because Henry blamed them for the rising price of feathers(he obviously hadn't heard of inflation!).
Around 300 years later during the Victorian era(shortly after the industrial revolution), Great Britain was in chaos. The mighty British empire had conquered almost two thirds of Wales meaning a huge amount of new and exciting material(and slaves) were ready to be traded. But unfortunately there were no merchants left to buy and sell for the uneducated nation. So Queen Vic put up a 0.000001 Shilling reward for the first person to find a solution. The response was huge, and a brilliant scientist named Albert Heenan came up with a solution; using simple mechanics he fashioned a wind-up toy capable of calculating prices(taking into account fluctuating interest rates), adding VAT and speak in over 11,000 different languages. He called his brain child a Wind-Up Merchant(or WUM). The race was won and the Queen ordered for production to begin straight away. But only hours prior to the start of mass production a factory worker named Moreen Sherwood fell into the huge pool of molten metal which the merchants were to be crafted from. No one noticed and so production began, but the newly Knighted Sir Albert Heenan quickly noticed something was wrong!
He asked one of the merchants how much it would cost to buy 4 French housemaids?
The merchant replied; Why would you want to buy dirty French maids, you can’t clean houses with that rubbish, sorry you have to buy English ones!
Sir Albert; What are you talking about! An English maid costs five times more, doesn’t work as hard and talks to other house owners behind your back!
The merchant; No they are English…1Sir Albert; So what, that makes no difference!
The merchant; Yes it does, they are better because they’re English!..
Sir Albert; Oh no what have I done, I’ve created an illogical monster!!!
Albert quickly stopped production, but the damage was already done and over 1000 Wind-Up Merchants had escaped. Sir Albert couldn’t handle his mistake and threw himself down a well never to be seen again…
The Queen tried her best to cover up this incident and ordered all WUM’s to be destroyed unfortunately most escaped and laid dormant for over a century in the sewers of Croydon,Manchester, Liverpool, east London and “the White part of North London”. But almost by magic all the WUMs left the sewers at the same time and hid in spare rooms of council flats owned by unsuspecting single mothers of 14 (due to the size of these families, the mothers didn’t actually notice that there was one more mouth to feed).1Now the WUM’s can be found trawling through football forums, living a life of solitude and celibacy trying to be funny and get across their illogical point of view...

Now THAT is proper Humour ! ( unlike my poor attempt yesterday:nono:) Well done!:lol:

Last edited:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports