Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus needs help..

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Okay so everyone saw the Liverpool game on tv and knows how we play, gus is claiming "we're back, brighton are back", he has never been in this situation as a football manager, he's worried and inexperienced.

His style of play and tactics are so naive and basic. All he has taught the players to do is pass the ball to eachother, there is alot more to football than that. First rule in football is to try keep the ball, yes i agree! they cant defend, they play so open that its so easy for the other team, they just wait for us to do a bad pass and then capitalise on it.

We have our one and only tactic, which is to keep the ball at the back and through midfield and make it look like we're outplaying teams! If we have 79% possession and we still cant have a clear cut chance? how is that branded good football?

Im not blaming poyet, he is very new to management and has alot to learn.

BUT..

He desperately needs help with coaches and backroom staff if he wants to take albion to the next level!

p.s Dennis Wise to help coach one thinks! :bigwave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Okay so everyone saw the Liverpool game on tv and knows how we play, gus is claiming "we're back, brighton are back", he has never been in this situation as a football manager, he's worried and inexperienced.

His style of play and tactics are so naive and basic. All he has taught the players to do is pass the ball to eachother, there is alot more to football than that. First rule in football is to try keep the ball, yes i agree! they cant defend, they play so open that its so easy for the other team, they just wait for us to do a bad pass and then capitalise on it.

We have our one and only tactic, which is to keep the ball at the back and through midfield and make it look like we're outplaying teams! If we have 79% possession and we still cant have a clear cut chance? how is that branded good football?

BUT..

He desperately needs help with coaches and backroom staff if he wants to take albion to the next level!

Well you seem to know it all, why don't you offer Gus the benefit of your extensive tactical nouse ? I'm sure he would be both receptive and grateful.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

BUT..

Even the special schools are on half term.....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Some of the posters on here need 'help' as well :)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why have D Wise, Goofball you are obviously a football genius why have you not offered services yet

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If that poisonous little shit ever comes anywhere near our club to 'help' they can have my season ticket back there and then :wave:

It would never happen. However, he is certainly a "winner" and had more talent than Oatway ever had.

I see tippy tappy had been found out for the stiffs now as well!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable. A very worthy contender for thickest post on NSC ever, and that's up against some massive contenders over a number of years.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Unbelievable. We are being overrun by WUM's or our fanbase is becoming dumber by the second, a simply incredible thread.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What the f***? Did you not see how Poyet saved us from relegation, then won the league so easily it looked as if he wasn't trying. It takes him some time to get used to things, as it did in his first few games with us, then he will realise what needs to be done and we will destroy this league.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010

BUT..

Jog on matey - so playing the same way we walked League 1 last year, beat Cardiff, Sunderland, Portsmouth etc gave Liverpool a run for there money...we have had one game where we created very few clear cut chances every team has those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here