Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus gets the boot

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes on paper you're right,but garcia gets the likes of JFC and chicksen and poyet gets bridge and upson etc...you getting me?:lolol:

Did Upson not win Player of the Season under Garcia?

Also Garcia ****ed up massively around his recruitment. Bought in his own shit spanish players, had chance to buy Conway who we have never replaced, but didn't choose too etc...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Also Garcia ****ed up massively around his recruitment. Bought in his own shit spanish players, had chance to buy Conway who we have never replaced, but didn't choose too etc...
You could be right on Upson :)

My understanding is that there was a payoff. Poyet contacted the LMA and they advised him to take the offer from the Albion, rather than go through the court.
If so why is there no provision in the 2012/13 accounts; these are dated November 2014, some months after any severance package would have been agreed?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Poyet was dismissed for gross misconduct (ie his behaviour was so bad that it destroyed the employer/employee relationship, and merited instant dismissal without notice or pay in lieu of notice). He hasn't challenged the decision, except via internal appeal, so I assume he's accepted that going to a Tribunal and/or Court would be equally unsuccessful. There's no evidence that I can see of the club paying him off and no provision for this was made in the 2012/13 accounts filed with CH. Basically, whether he'd had enough of Barber, Burke, Bloom(s), Chapman, Franks, Perry, Sugarman or the girl on the WSU sweet trolly is neither proven nor is it obvious; Gus Poyet got himself fired.

Leave the girly on the WSU sweet trolley out of this.

There is no one else in the history of mankind who can spring in to action and replace a pack of sweeties as quickly in to the hole left once you picked your choice of sweety. She's lightning quick.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also been pointed out that Sunderland had brought forward no youth players forward during Poyet's time.

More bells rung?

An ego can not be maintained by untried youth.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not what I've heard, Gus didn't come out of things smelling of roses, but it was cheaper for all concerned to pay him a reasonable sum and send him off into the wilderness.

If someone gets sacked for gm I don't see how any money would be owed, unless it was owed gardening leave (could have been up to £150k) and maybe a gesture of a good will thanks for your work offer that rose above the final relationship. The gm was a solid case that Poyet would never have won and would end up paying his and the clubs cost in a counter claim.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If so why is there no provision in the 2012/13 accounts; these are dated November 2014, some months after any severance package would have been agreed?

He correctly got nowt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But he got nothing. Zero. Nada. The club went public with this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
and ignoring Gus's PETULANCE and ARROGANT behaviour, perhaps that's why people are happy for him to be sacked..

I am. I hated his personality. Can't stand him.

Chelsea fans cope with their manager who has the same traits. United the same with SAF.

Gus behaved childishly in his final days, but it wasn't in his best interests for us to lose in the playoffs, from either a personal cv or financial perspective.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Blackburn offered Conway a wage we could not. He was wanted but could not be afforded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here