Gus gets the boot

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Delighted the monkey face **** has been sacked yet again...proper bellend

And a bellend we've never been adequately able to replace unfortunately.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The Sunderland management have wielded the axe and Poyet is sacked. They say it was inevitable after the Saturday's drubbing by Aston Villa and the long standing acrimony and performance issues. No, no, no NO; don't even think about it..

Nicked my username

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My understanding is that there was a payoff. Poyet contacted the LMA and they advised me to take the offer from the Albion, rather than go through the court.

That was probably withheld gardening leave pay that wouldn't be settled until after court action. The LMA would have advised him that heel loose if it went to court and could end up costing him tens of thousands in professional and court fees.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That was probably withheld gardening leave pay that wouldn't be settled until after court action. The LMA would have advised him that heel loose if it went to court and could end up costing him tens of thousands in professional and court fees.

Not what I've heard, Gus didn't come out of things smelling of roses, but it was cheaper for all concerned to pay him a reasonable sum and send him off into the wilderness.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You think old monkey face would've got us up with our recent shite squads and bucket loads of injuries like garcia had and of whom got us 6th?
Garcia done better than poyet in my book

Probably. We had plenty of injuries and suspensions the previous season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You think old monkey face would've got us up with our recent shite squads and bucket loads of injuries like garcia had and of whom got us 6th?
Garcia done better than poyet in my book

Really? I was more embarrassed with our play off 'performance' under Garcia, than I was against Palace...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Strange bloke Poyet. Great start at Sunderland. Expectations raised and then the problems begin and he starts to blame others.

With us he was magnificent at Withdean. After promotion he allowed too much of the team to go and not just Murray. Kishishev could have been a steadying influence for one season. Perhaps he could have done more to keep Bennett. Then he spent a lot of money but still moaned about the budget. He stood by ElAbd too long but at least that showed loyalty. With Upson and Ulloa coming in, everything looked good and it was a real achievement to finish 4th only for.................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Compare gus's squad to garcia's and we had 10 players missing on numerous occasions under garcia...Do some home work and figure it out.

All ifs, buts, maybes though. If the club had managed to get Ulloa in the summer when they wanted him we would have gone up automatically

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All ifs, buts, maybes though. If the club had managed to get Ulloa in the summer when they wanted him we would have gone up automatically
It's not IFS AND BUTS it's FACTS...Garcia done amazing and gets far more respect.

Both disagree with eachother and that's that :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not IFS AND BUTS it's FACTS...Garcia done amazing and gets far more respect.

Both disagree with eachother and that's that :)

You told me to do my homework. Just done it and it tells me Poyet finished higher and got more points [emoji41]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports