Gus Argus Q&A

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yeah sort it out Naylor, look what some twat has askednow!!

[Comment From mr b mr b: ]
Hi Gus, Doing a great job. You are fast becoming a legend for us. What's the news on the "Special Signing". It is still likely to happen in this window, or in the loan window later in the season, or are we looking elsewhere now?
Shocking aint it.

But at least we now its still on. He's was never going to tell us targets or prices like the other questions are asking, and theres only so many ways he can say he wants Bennett to stay

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Naylor has to take some of the blame for allowing daft questions by retards.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
[Comment From Charlie Charlie: ]
Gus, just wanted to say thank you for putting a massive smile across my face, its been a while since that happened and long may it continue. Who do you see as our MAIN challenger to no 1 spot come May?
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:48 Charlie

Hi Charlie, I think Southampton are the ones but let s wait and see. Gus Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:49

WOULD POYET REALLY ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH THAT RESPONSE?????

I'm not convinced!!!

And you know that wasn't Paul McCartney on the zebra crossing, don't you? Look at the Beetle! Look at the Beetle!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Comment From Nick]
Do you think that 22k will be enough for Falmer if you can replicate both the style and success that you have shown so far and were/are you surprised by the size of the Albion's support from what you knew about the club before you took over?
1:54
Hi Nick, I think that is enough to start with, as you know there is an easy possibility of adding another 10k to the Amex, so let s wait and see. My challenge is to bring more and more supporters to the Club, the way is winning and playing good football. Regards, Gus
1:54
[Comment From Steve K]
Gus, Thanks for the fantastic job you are doing. I've been watching Albion since 1972 and I think the team has played the most stylish football I have seen at some games this season (e.g. away at Peterborough). What has been the best match of the season so far for you?

Dirk lovelace

Jul 14, 2009
Gus* has called the stadium ... The Amex ... so that's good enough for me ... now official name?

* Unless of course this is an Argus Scam

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Tuesday January 18, 2011
1:09 Afternoon everyone, Andy Naylor here from the training ground. Apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, Gus is tied up in a meeting at the moment. He will be with us asap. Please bear with us and sorry again for the late kick-off, but it is out of our hands.

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:09
1:11 Afternoon everyone, Andy Naylor here from the training ground. Apologies for the late kick-off, which is due to a combination of technical issues and Gus being involved in a meeting. Bear with us, he will be available asap.

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:11
1:22 [Comment From Tony L Tony L: ]
Hello Gus, Can I start by saying what an awesome job you and Tanno have been doing. I have never been so proud to support Brighton since the FA Cup run in the early 80’s. Are we still looking for a new striker? If so, are we close to a signing? Is Elphick going to feature much more in the first team this season and if not, are you looking for extra cover at the back?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:22 Tony L
1:35 Hi Tony, Thanks for asking the first question, we are still looking for a new striker but it has to be something different to what we ve got, Tommy is gonna feature more than what you think, he is very important player for us. Thanks for your comments, Gus

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:35
1:36 [Comment From Mike Mike: ]
No one can predict the future with any certainty. However, we all have varying degrees of ambition for ourselves and for the love of our lives, namely Brighton and Hove Albion. There is no doubting that Albion fans have great admiration for you, and the work that you have put into transforming our great club, and can see a fantastic future ahead. Your style has broken the formerly intrenched thinking and mentality of Albion being merely Third Division in standard. Can you therefore envisage Brighton being successful in the Premier League within a few years, and can you ultimately see your own role evolving into becoming the first manager to lead the club into Europe.

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:36 Mike
1:38 Hi Mike, I hope that we can achieve everything that you have said. That would mean many years of relationship between Brighton & Albion FC and me. Premier League? Europe? Let s get in Championship first. Take care, Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:38

1:38 [Comment From Wozza Wozza: ]
Hola!

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:38 Wozza
1:38 [Comment From Haydn Haydn: ]
As things stands, how likely is that we're going to keep hold of Bennett?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:38 Haydn
1:40 Hi Haydn, I think we have a great chance of keeping Elliott, He is very important for us. Regards, Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:40

1:40 [Comment From Richard Richard: ]
Hola Gus, and thanks for the season so far. How much would it take for you to agree to sell Elliott Bennett?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:40 Richard
1:41 Hi Richard, are you from Norwich, working undercover for them? I cannot put a price on him, it s too important for us. Ciao, Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:41

1:42 [Comment From Dave from Eastbourne Dave from Eastbourne: ]
Gus. Firstly well done so far, this is a brilliant Brighton team to watch and the fans love you and the team (please don't worry about the odd boo-er or negative comment...it worries me that you take these silly exceptions too seriously) Do you feel players have some responsibility to the club in situation's such as Elliott's? By that I mean, that he is in a long contract, and the club that has been paying him are now on the verge of really achieving something special. Should he at least take this into consideration? By the way I am DESPERATE to keep Elliot (please make sure he knows hopw much the fans love him). All the players have been brilliant, but Elliot is the best in the division. Hope you and Elliot are here for another 3 and a half years at least!

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:42 Dave from Eastbourne
1:44 Hi Dave, Elliott is as important to me as he is for you, so don't worry, Talking about responsabilities, of course the players are taking their responsabilities, this is about everyone at the Club, no only me or the Staff, I think the players deserve more credit for what they are doing. Regards, Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:44

1:45 [Comment From jimbo grfc jimbo grfc: ]
Gus, firstly can I take my hat off and acknowledge what you have done for our club..Due to illness I've not been at the Withdean as much as I would like to have been. As a season ticket holder of approx 15 years, I managed to go to the Brighton (gods chosen ones) v Pompey and all I can say is that in 30 years of watching our club, it was the most accomplished performance I have ever witnessed, As Tanno can still pull on his boots, do you feel the urge ? Please deal with Benno in the way that only you can. He's vital to our progress Best Wishes Jimmy P

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:45 jimbo grfc
1:47 Hi Jim, Tano is the best full back I played with, so he is part of the group that we need from now to the end. I've got no chance of playing, no chance sorry, too old. chau Gus, P.S. Benno is staying (I hope)
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:47

1:47 [Comment From Trevor edmonds Trevor edmonds: ]
Hi keep seeing that C.Austin has asked for a transfer could he fit the bill as an extra forward

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:47 Trevor edmonds
1:48 Hi Trevor, yes he does but we need more than a million pounds so ? Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:48

1:48 [Comment From Charlie Charlie: ]
Gus, just wanted to say thank you for putting a massive smile across my face, its been a while since that happened and long may it continue. Who do you see as our MAIN challenger to no 1 spot come May?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:48 Charlie
1:49 Hi Charlie, I think Southampton are the ones but let s wait and see. Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:49

1:49 [Comment From mr b mr b: ]
Hi Gus, Doing a great job. You are fast becoming a legend for us. What's the news on the "Special Signing". It is still likely to happen in this window, or in the loan window later in the season, or are we looking elsewhere now?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:49 mr b
1:51 Hi Mr B, we are working very hard trying to get the right players, but as you can imagine every Club is more or less looking for the same ones, Still a possibility. Be patience please, Gus
Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:51

1:51 [Comment From Nick Nick: ]
Do you think that 22k will be enough for Falmer if you can replicate both the style and success that you have shown so far and were/are you surprised by the size of the Albion's support from what you knew about the club before you took over?

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:51 Nick
1:54 Hi Nick, I think that is enough to start with, as you know there is an easy possibility of adding another 10k to the Amex, so let s wait and see. My challenge is to bring more and more supporters to the Club, the way is winning and playing good football. Regards, Gus

Tuesday January 18, 2011 1:54
1:54 [Comment From Steve K Steve K: ]
Gus, Thanks for the fantastic job you are doing. I've been watching Albion since 1972 and I think the team has played the most stylish football I have seen at some games this season (e.g. away at Peterborough). What has been the best match of the season so far for you?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What's your question to Gus Algie?

I asked him about Chris wood and what are the chances of him signing permanently and would you if you got the chance.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"I agreed with you that against the Posh we were BRILLIANT. Gus"

Gotta love that guy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh my goodness. Someone MUST be screening these questions? This most recent one is embarrassing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[Comment From gizza gizza: ]
ARE GOING TO SELL ELLIOT BENNET TO NORWICH YES OR NO IF YOU SELL HIM WHO WOULD U REPLACE I HOPE NOT AS HE IS ANY EXCELLENT PLAYER TO HAVE IN SQUAD

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
[Comment From gizza gizza: ]
ARE GOING TO SELL ELLIOT BENNET TO NORWICH YES OR NO IF YOU SELL HIM WHO WOULD U REPLACE I HOPE NOT AS HE IS ANY EXCELLENT PLAYER TO HAVE IN SQUAD

FFS, he's already dealt with this question 3 or 4 times

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Gizza:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports