Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus 2nd favourite to be next Everton manager

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
:wave:

I am going to say.

Is everybody ready for Gus to be treated like every other adult offered a potential promotion and pay rise.

It doesn't mean he going to take it.
It doesn't mean The Albion want to get rid.
It doesn't mean he wants to leave.

It means the club isn't going to stand in his way, and get all titsy in the press.
It called class and respect.

"Titsy" is a word that should be used much more often.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Everton is hardly a desirable post. No real money to spend but expectations are to be pushing the top 4 close. Any new appointment would be constantly compared to Moyes, which would be a tricky role to achieve in

Yep, agree. Moyes has done a fantastic job there, with nothing like the investment of clubs around them. His are very difficult shoes to fill.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton is hardly a desirable post. No real money to spend but expectations are to be pushing the top 4 close. Any new appointment would be constantly compared to Moyes, which would be a tricky role to achieve in
Ridiculous.

In terms of size, there are only five or six clubs that Everton struggle to compete with. 40,000 crowds, cup winning and European aspirations, never been relegated etc. It certainly is a desirable post from a managerial point of view.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Everton and Poyet are the perfect match at this stage in his career. Whether or not Everton would see that I don't know, but I'm sure Gus would, he would jump at it. And so would I. No doubt that would make me a Judas **** who should just **** off from some of the more, well, stupid, posters on here.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ridiculous.

In terms of size, there are only five or six clubs that Everton struggle to compete with. 40,000 crowds, cup winning and European aspirations, never been relegated etc. It certainly is a desirable post from a managerial point of view.

Jumping any of those teams would be a massive achievement and my only thoughts are that any manager of Everton would be expected to achieve this without having much money to spend to do so. That's a tricky job to undertake, I'd imagine a role like Newcastle would be more of an opportunity as money would be available take make the jump of improvement.

I think Moyes has massively over achieved and any replacement has a difficult set of boots to fill

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which are the harder shoes to fill Sir Alex at United or David Moyes At Everton, in some respects I wouLd say Moyes as money will be available to buy the best at United but not at Everton

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Which are the harder shoes to fill Sir Alex at United or David Moyes At Everton, in some respects I wouLd say Moyes as money will be available to buy the best at United but not at Everton

Unless they get bought which will happen sooner rather than later when the stadium issue is sorted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I checked this today and Gus is nowhere near the list of favourites. Neil Lennon is odds-on, with Martinez,Pereira, Neville (P) and Steve Clarke behind him. Gus is about 20th on the list with Bilic, McCall and Alan Stubbs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I checked this today and Gus is nowhere near the list of favourites. Neil Lennon is odds-on, with Martinez,Pereira, Neville (P) and Steve Clarke behind him. Gus is about 20th on the list with Bilic, McCall and Alan Stubbs.

I both want it to be Lennon and don't want it to be Lennon. It would be good to expose him to a real challenge to see if he really is any good, but in equal measure I wouldn't wish that experiment on Everton.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Unless they get bought which will happen sooner rather than later when the stadium issue is sorted.

There won't be any progress on a stadium anytime soon. They had a chance a couple of years ago when Tesco virtually offered to build them a stadium but their stuck in the past supporters didn't want to move out the immediate area.

As far as I know (I work in Liverpool) there is nothing at all happening on a new stadium at the moment.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If we go up hell be here next season.

If we dont then team like Everton are a really good option for him and Id expect him to leave.

Wouldnt be happy but its his career.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I both want it to be Lennon and don't want it to be Lennon. It would be good to expose him to a real challenge to see if he really is any good, but in equal measure I wouldn't wish that experiment on Everton.

I agree entirely, primarily because I suspect he will be exposed as a footballing dinosaur with considerably less managerial talent than Tony Pullis or Mark Hughes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree entirely, primarily because I suspect he will be exposed as a footballing dinosaur with considerably less managerial talent than Tony Pullis or Mark Hughes.

Probably be handier in a fight though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here