Gus 2nd favourite to be next Everton manager

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*waits for Stat brother to start an Ulloa to Everton thread*
:wave:

I am going to say.

Is everybody ready for Gus to be treated like every other adult offered a potential promotion and pay rise.

It doesn't mean he going to take it.
It doesn't mean The Albion want to get rid.
It doesn't mean he wants to leave.

It means the club isn't going to stand in his way, and get all titsy in the press.
It called class and respect.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why? He has a track record of getting players on the cheap and getting them to perform. He was No.2 at Spurs under Ramos so has some Premier League experience. Only thing against him I can see is that it will cost Everton to get him out of his Brighton contract (£5m isn't it?), and that may put them off for cheaper options as they are notoriously skint.

Don't forget they plucked Moyes from Preston, so are not adverse to picking up lower league managers who are successful.

I think it's £2.5 million, although as with everything, none of us know!

Fair point about Moyes. As he has been there so long I completely forget as to where he came from.

Having said that, I don't think Gus will be the next Everton boss, or Wigan's for that matter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Correct... IF Gus goes to Everton, and IF we get promoted and IF Wigan get relegated.

But I'd far rather keep Gus anyway.

I honestly don't think that we have to get promoted and Wigan relegated to make us an attractive proposition to Martinez. But i'd rather we kept Gus :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
:wave:

I am going to say.

Is everybody ready for Gus to be treated like every other adult offered a potential promotion and pay rise..

If Gus doesn't want to be here then he can **** OFF

It doesn't mean he going to take it.
It doesn't mean The Albion want to get rid.
It doesn't mean he wants to leave.

Oh, sorry. I got carried away.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This news today has meant for the first time, if we don't make wembley and go up, I consider the everton job if offered the one we could lose gus to.

Great players in place and potential to build a strong reputation in the premiership.

If offered and in poyets position (potentially) in next week or so, he would be a mug to say no (if we don't go up of course)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why? He has a track record of getting players on the cheap and getting them to perform. He was No.2 at Spurs under Ramos so has some Premier League experience. Only thing against him I can see is that it will cost Everton to get him out of his Brighton contract (£5m isn't it?), and that may put them off for cheaper options as they are notoriously skint.

Don't forget they plucked Moyes from Preston, so are not adverse to picking up lower league managers who are successful.

This is the bit that makes me nervous........and they are big enough a club,we will have to wait and see.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Everton have allowed Moyes to dominate the club from top to bottom. Like Fergie but of course on a shoestring budget. Perfect match for Mr Poyet and something he would find very hard to turn down.

Everton are apparently available for a cut down price of £125 million. The sticking point being the stadium which hasn't been sorted for years.

I often talk to scousers, well daily actually. Both clubs have missed a trick. The only two clubs in the country where a long term ground share would work (on Stanley park) and makes perfect sense. My only criticism of them as football fans.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Everton job won't be an easy one for whoever takes over from Moyes especially if their way of getting a team to play is very different from the Moyes way. No massive budget to make an overhaul of players. Just saying.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Everton have allowed Moyes to dominate the club from top to bottom. Like Fergie but of course on a shoestring budget. Perfect match for Mr Poyet and something he would find very hard to turn down.

Everton are apparently available for a cut down price of £125 million. The sticking point being the stadium which hasn't been sorted for years.

I often talk to scousers, well daily actually. Both clubs have missed a trick. The only two clubs in the country where a long term ground share would work (on Stanley park) and makes perfect sense. My only criticism of them as football fans.

It's the solution to both clubs problems. A state of the art stadium at half the price a few minutes walk from either. Utter utter madness.

Liverpool can't afford a new stadium and neither can Everton. The expansion of Anfield will always be compromised and Everton can't find an affordable site within the city boundaries
S.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Laudrup is also on their wanted list. Won silverware with Swansea in his first season, so another good bet for Everton.

I can see Swansea approaching Gus then if Laudrup went.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As soon as there is a vacancy 'Gus' is linked to it.....hang on...there's a job for a postman around here....who's favourite.....?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would have thought Freedman could be a candidate for Everton, he has quite an impressive track record IMHO.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Everton is hardly a desirable post. No real money to spend but expectations are to be pushing the top 4 close. Any new appointment would be constantly compared to Moyes, which would be a tricky role to achieve in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here