[Politics] Guns in the US

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Ah, the standard NRA/Republican/2nd Amendmenter‘s argument 🙂. ‘Guns aren’t the problem, it’s the people that use them that make them bad’

Well heh, bad people get hold of guns and kill people, shoot up schools, churches and synagogues.

Find a way to stop all bad people getting hold of guns and you might have an argument for weak gun controls but first explain to me why the fcuk a 5 year old needs to learn how to use a submachine gun!

(Nope - don’t own a gun )
The strongest gun control cities have the worst gun violence, check out Chicago.

Would you use a gun to protect your family?…if you had one?…gun, that is…

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it doesn’t happen though.
It did happen! The place was shut because of it. We don't know whether the group in front had guns or not, but if you're trying to argue that people with guns don't get shot, you've truly lost your mind.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My point is that we will never get rid of guns, some people are evil and will use them. It used to be rocks, it’s a human condition. It’s knives in Brighton…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The strongest gun control cities have the worst gun violence, check out Chicago.

I would never know as I'll never have a gun. I protected my family by giving them a good upbringing. It's worked oddly enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Our cities have much stronger gun control, and much less gun violence.

That might depend on the situation, but my family are less likely to need protecting with a gun, if guns aren't available to the criminals who could threaten them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Same difference.
It isn't the same difference, because if two people have a gun, they both know that if they shoot the other person, they can live and let the other person die. That's not the case with the nuclear deterrent - Russia and the US know that if they fire nukes, they won't wipe out all of the enemy without the enemy firing back and killing them all. It's guaranteed mutual destruction, which doesn't exist between two people with guns.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Yes, tbh if I lived in the States I would because it’s full of gun-totin nutters that might wanna shoot me 😂

Seriously, we are talking a pistols for self-defence, ones that are kept in a place away from kids, I’m not envisioning firing a submachine gun out the bedroom window at 3 in the morning because I hear a prowler in the back yard.

(Although if it’s a 5 year old kid with a Sig MPX, I might revisit that idea.)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point is that we will never get rid of guns, some people are evil and will use them. It used to be rocks, it’s a human condition. It’s knives in Brighton…
Yeah but people on the rampage with knives don't manage to kill over 140 people (Moscow attack).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would it work against families that didn’t?
We consider we have a problem with knife crime in this country. In reality apart from the odd incident of mistaken identity etc in the main those that get badly stabbed are usually from gangs or the "underground". If they wish to kill each other sobeit.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Yes, tbh if I lived in the States I would because it’s full of gun-totin nutters that might wanna shoot me 😂

Seriously, we are talking a pistols for self-defence, ones that are kept in a place away from kids, I’m not envisioning firing a submachine gun out the bedroom window at 3 in the morning because I hear a prowler in the back yard.

(Although if it’s a 5 year old kid with an Sig MPX, I might revisit that idea.)
I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports