Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully Girls.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Haha good luck getting a response from Paul himself! If and I do mean IF he actually reads it and not his PA he might file it...... Under 'unimportant', after all your just a fan!! Who are you to come up with such things! Found that with alot of people at the club, they hide behind their emails and computers.... Easier that way

He'll reply if he doesn't then I'll get a flag built, couldn't give a f*** about the price, Lets see what he says when it's unveiled. It'll be banned after the first game but let me make this clear, I will have a reply from him either way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haha good luck getting a response from Paul himself! If and I do mean IF he actually reads it and not his PA he might file it...... Under 'unimportant', after all your just a fan!! Who are you to come up with such things! Found that with alot of people at the club, they hide behind their emails and computers.... Easier that way

Wrong.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Everything has its time and Gully's Girls and Fanzone have both had theirs - now it surely is tme for the club and the fans to move on before it truly does become an embarrassment.

So what do you suggest for pre match entertainment, Total silence?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Well here'e the answer......get Gullys girl serving the beers and pies at the kiosks pre kick off. (in there cheerleader outfits) .That should increase attendees and then at half time they can go round the pitch with begging buckets for cash donations to help cut back on our £8m loss.

Out on pitch pre match we can then have Barber going round in a clowns outfit to keep the kids happy !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Haha good luck getting a response from Paul himself! If and I do mean IF he actually reads it and not his PA he might file it...... Under 'unimportant', after all your just a fan!!

I understand the comment, and the cynicism. But someone I have a lot of respect for told me that Barber himself reads the forum and specifically mentions things that have been said. How true it is, I don't know, but allegedly when he had the final meeting with Azure, he had a printout of comments from NSC which he presented to them. Again, might be rubbish but the person who told me isn't your typical nonsense spreader and I believe him. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], do you get told if threads are used like that?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Everything has its time and Gully's Girls and Fanzone have both had theirs - now it surely is tme for the club and the fans to move on before it truly does become an embarrassment.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

f*** me backwards. What do you suggest before games? Ear plugs and blindfolds?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dont get the fuss, they were rubbish.

May be ok as dancers, but I have been a cheerleader for years. What they do is not cheer, its all wrong technique and therefore just a dance so a bit weird to have before football.

Also everytime at least some of them looked far too half hearted, like they didnt want to bother... so maybe we should just let them not bother and disappear.
Surprisingly, as a sixteen stone 55 year old male, I'm not a cheerleader and consequently I bow to your inside knowledge - but they certainly didn't do anything to enhance my 'matchday experience' . Hopefully the email exchange between Bigbelly and Paul Barber will go something like this:

Bigbelly: Mr Barber, why did you axe Gully's Girls?
Paul Barber: Well frankly Mr Bigbelly we thought they were a bit shit and far too redolent of the amateur Withdean era.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Have to say thoughts Gully's Girl's were a bit naff when they started at Withdean, but got to quite like them over time, did think they had improved a fair bit too.
If our real worry was / is child protection type issues then you can always change their outfits I guess / deal at source with those making any unwanted comments etc.
As they were not paid seems a bit unreasonable to want them to give out flyers for shop stuff at end of game etc - if we want people to do this then surely we have to pay them?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I think that their occasional naffness was part of their appeal. Disappointed that not one of the larger ones made it to the top of their standing pyramids !

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
f*** me backwards. What do you suggest before games? Ear plugs and blindfolds?

Ear plugs, blindfolds and gullys girls. Is this some kinky game ???

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Surprisingly, as a sixteen stone 55 year old male, I'm not a cheerleader and consequently I bow to your inside knowledge - but they certainly didn't do anything to enhance my 'matchday experience' . Hopefully the email exchange between Bigbelly and Paul Barber will go something like this:

Bigbelly: Mr Barber, why did you axe Gully's Girls?
Paul Barber: Well frankly Mr Bigbelly we thought they were a bit shit and far too redolent of the amateur Withdean era.

You're one class A retard.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
They were embarrassing at Withdean. They were embarrassing at Falmer. Football does not need 'entertainment' that frankly would be cringe worthy at Eastbourne carnival

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Very well said. Couldn't agree more. Can't stand Americanisation of the game. Well done Paul Barber.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Agree that the start of the Fanzone music needs freshening up - that's getting tired - but the kids seem to love it and I always have a laugh watching people's reactions on the big screens. Good idea overall - better than just random music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here