Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guiseley v Braintree controversy

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes - he is not in any immediate danger of dying with a broken leg. Yes it might hurt like hell, but tell me if it needed fixing there and then. Would you have personally operated right then or would he have waited until the next day?

You clearly haven't seen the incident.

One way to stop the cheating will be that if the ref has to stop the game and the player then gets up he goes off the pitch as if he had been treated by the pyhsio!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Rosenior incident last night.

Leeds player tapped on the head.
Falls out of play.
Liam's instant reaction - advantage Albion.
Then kicks the ball out of play - advantage Leeds.
Leeds player returns to the pitch perfectly fine.

Didn't the ref initiate the stoppage, totally unnecessarily.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't the ref initiate the stoppage, totally unnecessarily.
I don't think do play definitely resumed - throw in Leeds.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Rosenior incident last night.

Leeds player tapped on the head.
Falls out of play.
Liam's instant reaction - advantage Albion.
Then kicks the ball out of play - advantage Leeds.
Leeds player returns to the pitch perfectly fine.

The worst thing about all of it was that the Leeds player was off the pitch so the game should have just continued. If he wanted treatment then the physio runs around the pitch to kiss it better.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The worst thing about all of it was that the Leeds player was off the pitch so the game should have just continued. If he wanted treatment then the physio runs around the pitch to kiss it better.

It doesn't matter if the player is on or off if it is a head injury. Leeds player faked it, but as an official you can't take the risk that he has genuinely taken a knock to the head.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
It doesn't matter if the player is on or off if it is a head injury. Leeds player faked it, but as an official you can't take the risk that he has genuinely taken a knock to the head.

I watched the match on TV and the Leeds player definitely had contact on the head from the boot. Sadly the buck stops with the players who need to be responsible with how they react. A slight scuff to the perfect hairdo isn't akin to a full on whack, but professional footballer usually have one eye on the Academy Awards.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I watched the match on TV and the Leeds player definitely had contact on the head from the boot. Sadly the buck stops with the players who need to be responsible with how they react. A slight scuff to the perfect hairdo isn't akin to a full on whack, but professional footballer usually have one eye on the Academy Awards.

I think the Leeds player had his eye on a second yellow for Rosenior , which is why he did the rolling around clutching his head routine

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was contact, but it was no more than a light scuff from the side of Liams boot. The Leeds player actually leaned into it more than anything.
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] has it spot on.

The cheating filth had nothing else on his mind other than inducing a 2nd yellow for his opponent. I wish he'd broke his FACE when he fell to the ground.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking at the body language of the Guiseley player, it seems to me he saw the keeper off his line and thought he'd chance his arm, but make it look casual and not like he was trying.

The ball sailed over the keeper's head, I don't think there was much chance he was going to get a hand to it.

The Guiseley player then holds his arms aloft, thereby acknowledging he'd scored a goal. There was absolutely no indication of remorse that his "innocent backpass" had been hit a bit harder than intended.

The real shame is that the Guiseley manager didn't have the presence of mind to do the right thing and allow a walk-in goal. As for those radio commentators, they were a pair of biased mugs making out the keeper could have stopped it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Looking at the body language of the Guiseley player, it seems to me he saw the keeper off his line and thought he'd chance his arm, but make it look casual and not like he was trying.

The ball sailed over the keeper's head, I don't think there was much chance he was going to get a hand to it.

The Guiseley player then holds his arms aloft, thereby acknowledging he'd scored a goal. There was absolutely no indication of remorse that his "innocent backpass" had been hit a bit harder than intended.

The real shame is that the Guiseley manager didn't have the presence of mind to do the right thing and allow a walk-in goal. As for those radio commentators, they were a pair of biased mugs making out the keeper could have stopped it.

Have to agree with this. Whatever the real intentions of the player, the Guiseley manager had the responsibility to hold the collective hand up and accept that was against current fair play protocols (whether you like them or not) and let Braintree walk in a goal. It is totally irrelevant whether the keeper should have made saved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here