Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guirane N'Daw

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Give Gus a call, he sounds prodigious!

He doesn't give the ball away cheaply in dangerous positions and chips in with a few goals. Also, I haven't, as yet, found myself swearing profusely at him for being totally innocuous in a game........yet! :smile:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Looks like he could provide the "something different" Gus keeps talking about.

My only concern is if it took away valuable funds needed for the Gem striker.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
So in your opinion, you don't think Dicker is good enough? I thought last night and against Hull, he played superbly and he didn't put a foot wrong.

I was at the Hull game and I almost popped into their club shop at HT to get Dicker his own shirt to clear all the confusion up. Admittedly second half he was better but 'superbly' - I think not.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As I said on another thread, McEacheran on loan from Chelsea didn't happen as we were still after a permenant signing (he signed for Middlesbourgh 24 hours after I was told that. Apparently we were ahead of them, but our deadline as first choice expired). What I was told was if we paid "hefty" wage contribution, he was ours if we wanted him but "far from" a Bridge 10% contribution type (granted he'd be on lower wages than Wayne). SAY he was on 15k plus bonuses and we only paying bridge 9k contribution and top 2 earners (obvious who) we have 12-15 BASIC (most 5 ish), then I would see why we'd be interested but retisent(sp) to pay him 75-90% of that plus match bonuses if transferable (often higher / more achievable for bit part players than regulars on higher basic i.e. appear in game ........ not win game / score).

No idea who would be the perm signing or any details and wasn't going to push after one cheeky ask as can't see friend knowing tbh....... might be rubbish but did post about the first bit when I heard as 10 mins after walking in from that chat, someone else randomly brought McEacheran up on here too. Then it happened next day he signed for Middlesbourgh. If N'Daw was immenent it would make sense (not saying he or another is DEFFINITLY SIGNING as wasn't what I was told only the McEacheran option expirey thus not happening) but this could be reason it transpired like that.

Why do people think Gus says we can't afford a striker but keeps playing Vicente as a false 9? Could we afford a quality CM instead and have deal in place for IF no Striker happens in time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here