Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guidetti, Falque, Barnes, Kane

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't believe people think Barnes is so bad ... Play him upfront and he will yes WILL score goals ... Play Ulloa on the wing and see how many he scores

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Hello Pee Wee... You little rascal you, I think you need treatment at NSC Anonymous, there must be one in the Croyden area.
But there again I suppose you're either telling us how good this forum is or how crepe Eaglespoo forum is. Bit of both I suppose.
But you don't talk poo all the time (just mostly) Barnsy is not in the millions of pounds bracket but of course everyone else is selling you players at over their value so who knows ?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
If Barnes has been statistically more proven at this level than CMS, then I'm definitely asking no less than £2.5 million!!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Pointless discussion anyway as there's no way we'd sell him to palace.

Yeah, we never let players go to Palace. Their money is just as good, if they meet Brighton's asking price there's no reason not to.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have a gut feeling that a deal has already been done for Barnes, with Becchio coming in as a replacement. Don't know why just think he is going.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yeah, we never let players go to Palace. Their money is just as good, if they meet Brighton's asking price there's no reason not to.

Erm ok, well firstly there's a BIG reason not to. Secondly, Murray rejected our offer of a contract and signed for them. He was a free agent. With Dobbie, we were DESPERATE to get rid of him from the wage bill.
Ash is neither free, nor is he surplus to requirements.
So, no sale to 'Nil Point' palace.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I have a gut feeling that a deal has already been done for Barnes, with Becchio coming in as a replacement. Don't know why just think he is going.

Would hope that Ash is staying. He won't be leaving for Becchio anyway, that's for sure. Why not?
Becchio is an inferior version of Leo. You couldn't play the two together. So that means he'd have to drop down a division to be a bench filler. Can't see that.
Leo going and Becchio coming in for him? Now that I can see. Not in this window though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barnes is nearly 25 so can walk away at the end of his contract, end of the season, for nothing so why would CPFC buy him they would probably do as they did with Murray and give him the money as a signing on fee rather than us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Barnes is nearly 25 so can walk away at the end of his contract, end of the season, for nothing so why would CPFC buy him they would probably do as they did with Murray and give him the money as a signing on fee rather than us.

a) They need players now (not that I think Barnes is what they need)
b) Once he's a free agent he can go anywhere
c) Barnes might be better advised to take the security of a contract rather than wait for a season and take his chances

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point in A is correct as indeed is B but if he went to Palace no moving etc. He will find club at least in The Championship so C isnt a problem or due much consideration.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Would hope that Ash is staying. He won't be leaving for Becchio anyway, that's for sure. Why not?
Becchio is an inferior version of Leo. You couldn't play the two together. So that means he'd have to drop down a division to be a bench filler. Can't see that.
Leo going and Becchio coming in for him? Now that I can see. Not in this window though.

You're an idiot if you think a rivalry stops players moving.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The point in A is correct as indeed is B but if he went to Palace no moving etc. He will find club at least in The Championship so C isnt a problem or due much consideration.

I'd say point C was pretty important. Dicker is a free agent but don't see too many biting his hand off and only 18 months ago he was being talked about as getting into the Irish team. If Barnes hangs on and has a bit of a gash season then come next year he may well get offers but maybe on significantly lesser pay at a club with no real prospect of promotion.

1 in Kate Bush is better than 2 in the hand as they say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here