Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the QPR FFP fine

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I thought that one of the principle aims of FFP was to reduce the likelihood of clubs going into administration - how is imposing a fine that will drive a club bankrupt should the owner refuse to pay it achieving that objective? ???

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I thought that one of the principle aims of FFP was to reduce the likelihood of clubs going into administration - how is imposing a fine that will drive a club bankrupt should the owner refuse to pay it achieving that objective? ???

If its £54M I can't see them paying it - it would wipe out their PL money.

There are supposed to be a few clubs now ready to challenge it in any case.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
All I hope for is that it is a proper fine and not one like Man City got...so something piddly and the rest 'suspended'.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

By ensuring that no one else buys there way to the PL knowing the penalty is so punative. Prevent it happening in the future. Ps they may be "fined" a huge amount but I suspect like Europeans clubs who were recently punished, a large proportion will be suspended.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The idea is to stop them spending that sort of money in the first place. You cannot stop them being promoted, deduct them points or any other sanction as they are now no longer in the same league structure.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought the notion that these fines are going to charity was rescinded, if they happen

No idea. It does not help that the Football League has not updated the rules published on their website. There is no article on there about the meeting last week, but there was one in April apparently, but the article just says that certain changes were discussed and they have made some progress.

I do hope any fines are distributed amongst compliant clubs as, assuming we are compliant now which I am sure we will be, we could get a hefty windfall from QPR and Leicester. Will believe it when I see it though.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
We'll see nothing of the <£10m that QPR have to pay... which will be peanuts to them, unrightfully so.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here