Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guendouzi cleared

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
"In addition, Matteo Guendouzi’s conduct during this incident was not seen by the match officials at the time, but it was subsequently reviewed by the VAR, so he will face no further action."

This rule or whatever it is that prevents retrospective action of incidents that were ruled on during normal game time is a load of bollocks IMO. It is high time that the football authorities here woke up to the need for a fully independent post-match review process that has the right to both revoke in-game cards (of any colour) and enforce retrospective action regardless of what actions the in-game officials may or may not have taken.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
If the ref missed that he needs to hang up his whistle.
He didn't miss it. I reckon he couldn't be arsed to write it all up in his report.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Andone given a retrospective red for his swinging elbow at West Brom last season. Whats the difference ? both violent acts.???

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The only reason this 'bothers' me – as I mentioned in another thread – is the fact that fans of the Arse will be celebrating this decision, while still thinking that Maupay should've been punished for the 'attack' on Leno.

You can't have it both ways.

No, you can't, Greg, but if you are an arrogant Billy Bigtime with an overblown sense of entitlement this simple truth will not occur to you, especially when the cause of your irritation is an annoying little "Team Like Brighton" and you have inexplicably been turned over home and away. On top of this, you've seen involvement in European competition disappear over the horizon with its bum on fire. This should not be happening to your "top six" side, which you now note seems to be a mid-table side. It's all a bit of a "choker", you might say!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cool so footballers can grab each other round the throat now, interesting precedent ???

Totally agree it's wrong and should be punished.

But have to say I've seen many similar incidents in recent seasons go similarly unpunished. Doesn't make it right but I'm not surprised.

Just pleased to get some points back on the board and moving in a positive direction. Even I think we could get something at Leicester tomorrow!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly Guendouzi has got away with it, a ridiculous decision in my view.

But you can't compare it to Shawcross. He committed an absolutely revolting tackle on Aaron Ramsey, giving him a double fracture of the leg, and deserved the stick he got.

Meanwhile, Stoke fans gave Ramsey a disgusting amount of stick every time they played thereafter, for having the temerity to suffer a near career ending tackle.

I can't, you can't, we can't, but I bet a squillion dollars they will.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One further positive has occurred to me.

With Gwen we now have a new target for the East Stands favourite (only) chant:-

"Cry in a minute..."

Happy days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This rule or whatever it is that prevents retrospective action of incidents that were ruled on during normal game time is a load of bollocks IMO. It is high time that the football authorities here woke up to the need for a fully independent post-match review process that has the right to both revoke in-game cards (of any colour) and enforce retrospective action regardless of what actions the in-game officials may or may not have taken.

Yup - guarantee if this had happened during the game, VAR would have given a red for violent conduct. As others have said though, I want Arsenal to be at their strongest when playing any of the bottom teams they have left so I can live with it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As far a VAR goes, the Sheff Utd disallowed goal puts the Guendouzi throat grab into perspective. We’ve not lost two points.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Same as I err on side of not booking unless very bad I think FA have showed common sense.apart from also giving warning to Albion. Just imagine on top[ of losing keeper how p------- off you have to be after losing that game in last seconds

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Certainly Guendouzi has got away with it, a ridiculous decision in my view.

But you can't compare it to Shawcross. He committed an absolutely revolting tackle on Aaron Ramsey, giving him a double fracture of the leg, and deserved the stick he got.

Meanwhile, Stoke fans gave Ramsey a disgusting amount of stick every time they played thereafter, for having the temerity to suffer a near career ending tackle.

Not bothered about that. A fired up Maupay is what we want every time we play Arsenal. Hopefully we can play them every week.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Same as I err on side of not booking unless very bad I think FA have showed common sense.apart from also giving warning to Albion. Just imagine on top[ of losing keeper how p------- off you have to be after losing that game in last seconds

But that shouldn't come into it - should it ?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Means he wont be banned for their games vs Southampton and Norwich,

Hopefully Arsenal bounce back and take 6 points from those fixtures

Not really seeing Saints as relegation rivals at the moment. They have a tough run-in, but only need 3 points to be at 40, and are 10 pts clear of 18th. Also, they play AFCB (and us :smile:) in there.

It would be nice to have Arsenal put another fastener on Norwich's casket, but it will take a miracle for Canaries to flutter free methinks.

Guendozi should have a ban, and might have had one in a normal season, big club bias or not.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Guendozi should have a ban, and might have had one in a normal season, big club bias or not.

He should have been banned irrespective of what season it is in. Rules are rules, he assaulted Maupay in black & white how an earth does this not constitute a retrospective ban?

We may know more when the next throat grabber receives a ban, let's hope it's not our player, although it will be uneven justice whoever it is.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I imagine the VAR room was a bit like this

a84eb91436d5025de3825841635c3757.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Normally non-controversial Pat Nevin was pretty anti- Maupay tonight On R5’s MNFC. Paraphrasing:

“I’ve got to admit inner smiling when I found out that Guendouzi wasn’t charged. After Maupay antics of throwing himself to the ground throughout the match“.

I genuinely didn’t notice Maupay cheating throughout. Did anyone else here?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would love for once some balls from our club to say no we’re bolloxed if we’re putting up with it fa you’re wankers the lot of you you cheating ****pieces

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He should have been banned irrespective of what season it is in. Rules are rules, he assaulted Maupay in black & white how an earth does this not constitute a retrospective ban?

We may know more when the next throat grabber receives a ban, let's hope it's not our player, although it will be uneven justice whoever it is.

You should update your black and white television to a coloured one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here