Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guendouzi cleared

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Gwen Doozy's got away with one there.
Sadly it won't stop the gooners from crying into microphones and targeting Maupay, Shawcross style, for the next 10 years.

Agreed. I have no idea why no further action is being taken.

Maupay will be the pantomime villain for a few seasons. I get the suspicion he will relish the prospect.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At least we know what level of after match throat grabbing is permitted now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Losing in the last minute to teams like Brighton is punishment enough surely

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed. I have no idea why no further action is being taken.

Maupay will be the pantomime villain for a few seasons. I get the suspicion he will relish the prospect.

I'm already looking forward to booing Guenouzi next season if he's still at Arsenal.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Not bothered in the slightest but seems a bit odd, guess it's okay for players to throttle each other now? We've seen players get 3+ game bans for more...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Equally our fault apparently. What a load of tosh

An FA statement confirmed: "Brighton and Hove Albion FC and Arsenal FC have been warned and reminded of their responsibilities following a mass confrontation between their players at the end of the Premier League fixture on Saturday.

"In addition, Matteo Guendouzi’s conduct during this incident was not seen by the match officials at the time, but it was subsequently reviewed by the VAR, so he will face no further action."

WTF oh ye our players should just stand there and let them get on with it ..more like they separated NM from the Arsenal mob

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You would have thought that in an age of social distancing, grabbing someone violently by the throat would have been seen as a negative.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I'm not sure if his availability makes any difference to how effective Arsenal are as a side...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The FA is answerable to no one, so probably best just to forget it. A waste of energy.

Walks off shaking head.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The thing is though is it really so great that Guendouzi can play against our rivals - he's not exactly Arsenal's best player. He's just a thug.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not bothered in the slightest.

......until one of our players does similar and gets a three game ban.

We are a "small club" and the FA clearly wants to ensure we know our place.

Just another dent in football's increasingly tarnished reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here