Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gta 5

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Slightly OT, but has anyone gone directly from playing GTA to driving a car in real life?

I did it last night before the football and I REALLY had to fight to reset my brain when I caugh myself going a bit fast. It's definitely a worry :ohmy:

Very dangerous. Also, I went to Tesco's Shoreham at midnight to get the game (incredibly sad I know) and as I turned up it was clear that loads of people were leaving with the game, and they were all absolutely blitzing it out of the car park in their souped up Corsas etc, and I found it massively ironic they were all driving like maniacs to get home to play a game where they could PRETEND to drive like maniacs.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Slightly OT, but has anyone gone directly from playing GTA to driving a car in real life?

I did it last night before the football and I REALLY had to fight to reset my brain when I caugh myself going a bit fast. It's definitely a worry :ohmy:

Or catch yourself mulling over whether to rob that security van you've just spotted parked outside the bank in the high street. :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you can get online, it can be so much fun.

I saw someone I knew was online, so picked a fight with them... not realising they had four mates backing them up. Cue a 20 minute chase through the countryside and into the city as they tried kill me and I tried to evade them. I even deliberately got the police involved, knowing that the hit squad chasing me would inevitably attract their attention too. My risky strategy of jumping out of my car and darting across the road (narrowly avoiding being run over from all sides) to steal a truck paid dividends as ultimately I escaped all parties and they turned their attention elsewhere.

One of the most entertaining passages of GTA I've ever had

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Mine is on PS3 too. Given up yet again, first impressions are pretty crap and looking on Twitter - there are a lot of people which it still isnt working for.

Yeah I'm fed up with having to quit out of the game and re-load. It stuffed my single player save yesterday as well which set me back 10 hours or so.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I got online, did the first mission then it jumped back to the offline game. I went to go back on it and it has forgotten my character. I also can't log into social club on it. This is frustrating.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Online finally seems up and running for me, managed a 2 hour session without any problems, and to be fair its bloody good fun!

i got on there for about 30 mins - got bumped out twice

my impression was meh, its ok, but its just a stripped down single player so far it seems.......dont know if its because of server problems but there are only about 4 different types of cars in the entire world being driven

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
That's just the introductory mission - Part of it is you need to steal a car to become "your" car, until you have the money to buy a better one... once you've completed the intro, all the other cars are on the streets.

i've completed the intro and stolen a car to become mine - still only see about 4 or 5 variations of cars

will have another go tonight possibly, but so far not that impressed

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
quick question: in the offline mode, when I take my car out of my garage it sometimes disappears when I get out of it. where is it though as it isn't in my garage? do I have to drive it back to my garage before leaving it? so far lost about $100,000 of vehicles :facepalm:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Having issues logging in here. Will try again at the weekend

On Xbox with bt infinity broadband the online is fine. Had no trouble logging in. The online game is great fun if you get in with a decent group of players. I think over the next few months the online will become superb. Love playing it, will keep me amused until elder scrolls online is released.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'd buy shares with all players, IMO it's better to invest to start off with & buy properties and cars later on in the game, the only thing I would follow is this, buy the shares in that company before you start the mission with Franklin (Lester's missions marked with a L) you will earn big this way.....

Mission - Stock Suggestion

Hotel Assassination - Betta Pharmaceuticals
The Redwood Cigarette Assassination - Debonaire Cigarettes
The Vice Assassination - Fruit
The Bus Assassination - Vapid - (buy afterwards not before)
The Construction Assassination - Gold Coast
The Big Score - Gold Coast

Can't see half theses companies on the stock exchange. Example is fruit I am on the mission now but on ICN Ecvhange there is no listing for fruit

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can't see half theses companies on the stock exchange. Example is fruit I am on the mission now but on ICN Ecvhange there is no listing for fruit

Some of them are on BAWSAQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here