Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gta 5

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Oh bugger. I don't have any interest in playing the online game, but I can't just carry on as it is, I have to get this update? Lucky there's a game at the Amex tonight!

Presumably if you disable the internet on your PS3 before launching the game, it won't detect that there's an update and you'll be able to continue as usual

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Just tried to update it on my PS3 and have had a blank screen for the past 5 minutes. PS3 has jammed. Anyone else have this problem?

You can opt out of the up date and still play the game. After doing this I was able to do the update by re-signing in on the pause menu. The option of online is now there but just says the I cloud servers are having problems at the moment so can't actually play online yet.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And in a logical – if bizarre – conclusion to the ever-expanding options for character customization, players will even be able to pick the hereditary characteristics that define how their avatars look:

“Choose your gender then decide on your mother and father,” says Rockstar. “From there, you can choose to give one parent genetic dominance or leave them more evenly matched. The choice is yours. Next, you adjust a set of lifestyle variables which help determine your character’s appearance and starting stats.”

“Essentially, you can adjust the genetics to wind up with a fresh faced lad or lass or a grizzled, haggard degenerate or anywhere in between!”

With all these features piling up it seems that GTA 5’s single-player was only ever the start of Rockstar’s plans. The developers are promising that Grand Theft Auto Online is “a long-term GTA experience that you can expect to be built-upon, to grow and to evolve in many ways in the coming weeks, months and beyond.”

This does sound really good. Are you going to be able to play cross platform? Should be enough of us for a decent NSC meet up if you can, not holding my breath though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else find it INSANELY hard to get to mission points without getting DISTRACTED? I'll boot up the game and think: "Right, let's do a mission and progress the game." On the way to the mission start point I will die approximately 7 times, play some sports, get into a street race, get involved with thiefs, do favours for people, see a ramp I can try to do a stunt jump across, nick an airplane, drive really fast down the wrong way of the freeway, buy a garage or a company, etc. etc.

I never get ANYTHING done.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Does anyone else find it INSANELY hard to get to mission points without getting DISTRACTED? I'll boot up the game and think: "Right, let's do a mission and progress the game." On the way to the mission start point I will die approximately 7 times, play some sports, get into a street race, get involved with thiefs, do favours for people, see a ramp I can try to do a stunt jump across, nick an airplane, drive really fast down the wrong way of the freeway, buy a garage or a company, etc. etc.

I never get ANYTHING done.

That's what I LOVE about open world games, much better than linear games that you have to follow rigidly and can't just WANDER

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's what I LOVE about open world games, much better than linear games that you have to follow rigidly and can't just WANDER

GTA5 is FAR better than GTA4 for this. GTA4 looked great but there was very little actual interactivity. Oblivion was a game I loved for this sort of thing.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
GTA5 is FAR better than GTA4 for this. GTA4 looked great but there was very little actual interactivity. Oblivion was a game I loved for this sort of thing.

Just never got into GTA4, as you say this one is far more enjoyable. Loved Oblivion and Skyrim too, spent a LOT of time playing those. Same with the Fallout games, hoping there's a new one of them out soon too. Just love the depth they put into these games and having the ability just to explore and generally mince around

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
You can opt out of the up date and still play the game. After doing this I was able to do the update by re-signing in on the pause menu. The option of online is now there but just says the I cloud servers are having problems at the moment so can't actually play online yet.

Brilliant. Fixed it for me! Thank you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

The interactivity was mostly a phone call from Niko's cousin, Roman, where he would say "HEY COUSIN, LET'S GO BOWLING"

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone else having problems with older (pre-2009) Xboxes?.... My game has just started to crash and freeze at random moments after being fine for ages... even got the dreaded red ring of death at one point

Sad times :(

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Great game. The amount of missions that I completed with 100% could be counted on one-hand. Pathetic effort, TSB.
Is there any reason at all to buy the Golf Club? £150mil is a lot of cash.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I was going to wait a while for the online element but I couldn't, however it isn't working at all really - I managed to create my character but then when I tried to save a message popped up saying the sever had timed out. BOOOO

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT, but has anyone gone directly from playing GTA to driving a car in real life?

I did it last night before the football and I REALLY had to fight to reset my brain when I caugh myself going a bit fast. It's definitely a worry :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here