Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grimsby fans in the home stands - what would you do?

If Grimsby fans find their way into the home stands, how will you react?

• Alert a steward straight away, it’s out of order!

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Pat them on the back and make them feel welcome.

Votes: 110 38.1%
  • Pop their Haddocks!

Votes: 52 18.0%
  • Ignore them, who cares?

Votes: 110 38.1%
  • Buy them a commiseration/celebration pint at the end of the game.

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would do more than that. I would start a thread about it on NSC tomorrow night :wink:
:lolol:

Odds on there’s a thread or this one gets bounced, probably blaming Paul Barber personally.

“I was so outraged I waited till I got home and wrote about it on the internet”

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Judging by some other threads, we should be goading them throughout and giving them verbals outside too, because it’s too sanitised otherwise, innit.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Odd . Only a problem if behavior is bad which is very unlikely with majority of supporters. I have been to 4 away games this season and each time have sat with contacts in home area

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ignore them unless they are acting like bell ends. Had this with some Newcastle fans a few years back constantly goading all around and spitting on peoples backs in front. We basically threw them out into the reluctant stewards arms.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
was in home stand at Villa Park for our FA cup game that was 2-2 draw under Poyet

family of away fans had two kids, also in home stand - one child aged about 5 celebrated our first goal - whole family got thrown out by stewards and abused by home fans in the process

another time have been in away stand at villa and some of our fans behaving in quite anti social way, several ( not me ) away fans complained to a steward stood next to me about it at half time - steward just shrugged his shoulder and said "its ok its at the football initt like"

never had much time for Villa after that ...
3-2 defeat, sadly.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Don't like it as a general principle in prem games. Even if they behave themselves because it still knackers the atmosphere. I also don't like any albion fan missing out on a ticket. But if there are any left and given the circumstances if they behave themselves I'd let it go.

Also having looked at their forums over the last week or so they seem sound and incredibly excited. I wouldnt expect them to turn up and act like a bellend like some Man utd or Arsenal day tripper.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't like it as a general principle in prem games. Even if they behave themselves because it still knackers the atmosphere. I also don't like any albion fan missing out on a ticket. But if there are any left and given the circumstances if they behave themselves I'd let it go.

Also having looked at their forums over the last week or so they seem sound and incredibly excited. I wouldnt expect them to turn up and act like a bellend like some Man utd or Arsenal day tripper.
It really doesn't in some places....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just had a bet with a bloke who was adamant that Grimsby was in Yorkshire rather than Lincolnshire.

I won a tenner and he's suitably Humberelled.
I'd like to see a transcript. If you post a Lincolnshire that would be great.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Personally (atm), I'm really pleased for them. It's gone to purchase history so as long as they sit on their hands (hopefully they won't need to), I don't mind.
PL games where the tickets get snapper(ed) up by away fans in our end as they know STH's etc annoys me as then it doesn't go to purchase history, even on the exchange in some games. 2 in the NS at the Liverpool match, that are friends of mine had tickets at the expense of others. I took great delight in their suffering after the match. (y)
It will be very embarrassing if we lose to them but it will be equally nice for a complete underdog to get to the semi's bearing in mind the last team they kicked out. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

riverboy

Oct 19, 2022
Unlikely to be many as it's not on general sale. The Grimsby fan would need previous purchase history with us, or an Albion friend willing to vouch for them. Can't see there being many at all.

If Albion fans are trying to sell them on at inflated prices then hopefully they get identified and banned.
Take away there fishing rod

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Odd . Only a problem if behavior is bad which is very unlikely with majority of supporters. I have been to 4 away games this season and each time have sat with contacts in home area
I used to wear contacts but only wear glasses now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here