Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thanks. Seems a bit daft to me - clubs that are about to fail FFP can just bring more players in on a year's contract, so that when the transfer embargo starts they have loads of players that they can switch as an when they like. If that's the case, it could be in Forest's interest to sell him now.

Yeah but they can't pay transfer or loan fee's so their options are fairly limited. So that could potentially work against us or delay things if we did go for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair point.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They might do a permanent deal with us, that would also help us if we want to get further loans in as it would help us stay within the limit. If we make a move for him I'd expect it to be a transfer rather than a loan. Although possibly initially a loan for an extra month if it means he can play at Brentford for example before formalities completed.

It's not having a manager that will delay any decision on a possible return I think.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2) Can they not sign new contracts with their own players (effectively meaning they will run out of players)?

News from Nottingham this afternoon suggest an embargoed club can still get away with offering new contracts as long as it is sorted before the restrictions apply :lol:. Eric Lichaj who was out of contract next summer has signed a two and a half year extension to his current deal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He won the ball cleanly, yes it was a firm challenge but he was in control and only went in with 1 foot.. Not a booking for me and definitely not a red.
This. The Fulham commentators went on and on about how it should have been a straight red. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the challenge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
News from Nottingham this afternoon suggest an embargoed club can still get away with offering new contracts as long as it is sorted before the restrictions apply :lol:. Eric Lichaj who was out of contract next summer has signed a two and a half year extension to his current deal.

Cheating so and sos. There really isn't any benefit to keeping within FFP restrictions, apart from not wanting a large debt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would certainly try to keep him; for his versatility alone, he would be a great addition to our squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently doing the long throw has given him permanent shoulder problems, so he has to use it sparingly.

I took them for ten years. Knackered my shoulder / neck. Can't take even a regular throw now.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Always thought he was a good defender so I was pleased when we signed him. Superb strong challenge at Fulham but I felt Rodallega feigned injury to try to put pressure on the ref. This excessive force, dangerous challenge thing is becoming a defenders nightmare with hasty refs brandishing cards as soon as a player falls over throwing his head back and looking to writhe in agony. I bet rugby players have a laugh about how soft football is becoming. Imagine playing rugby and not tackling full throttle. ...your team mates would crucify you. Totally agree wild out of control challenges aimed at damaging players should be a straight red but a quality challenge like Halford's should be applauded (mind you I haven't seen it on TV!!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here