Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford - nice gesture

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.

Cynical to say the least.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halford's case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody in a wheelchair who couldn't have grabbed it in the stands.

To make things worse BG I bet Stockdale dropped his before he could hand it over eh eh? What a laugh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To make things worse BG I bet Stockdale dropped his before he could hand it over eh eh? What a laugh.

I said the same when he picked his child up::lolol:. I am not saying it was wrong or anything but honestly cannot see all the praise for Halford doing what every other player did and gave his shirt away. This happens every year so nothing unusual.and I cannot see the need for a thread about his actions.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Picture4.png

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I am not saying it was wrong or anything but honestly cannot see all the praise for Halford doing what every other player did and gave his shirt away.

I sit in the NW corner.
I saw Halford specifically walk over as soon as the game finished to the disabled area and hand his shirt over.
He did not just throw it into a general area of seating for anyone as the others did.
His actions were clearly planned and for that reason should be praised above others.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.

Unfair - strikes me as a decent bloke.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sit in the NW corner.
I saw Halford specifically walk over as soon as the game finished to the disabled area and hand his shirt over.
He did not just throw it into a general area of seating for anyone as the others did.
His actions were clearly planned and for that reason should be praised above others.

Ok I will accept that I have got it wrong although I did praise him for doing it in an earlier post.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I said the same when he picked his child up::lolol:. I am not saying it was wrong or anything but honestly cannot see all the praise for Halford doing what every other player did and gave his shirt away. This happens every year so nothing unusual.and I cannot see the need for a thread about his actions.

Throwing your shirt in to the crowd or whatever is one thing, actually singling out a more needy individual might indicate a more caring and thoughtful side. Agree that it might not be worth a new thread, but the bloke deserves some credit.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I sit in the NW corner.

Exactly, i also sit in the NW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here