Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford - nice gesture

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd hope every player would. I donate about £5 a week towards different charity's and I'm skint. His shirt doesn't cost him a penny.

Lorenzo Pinamonte threw his shirt into the crowd after his final Albion appearance only to be told later that the cost of the shirt would be deducted from his wages.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is gracious of Halford.

The Albion shirts that ended up in the crowd were actually being directed at the netting in the kit bin.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Lorenzo Pinamonte threw his shirt into the crowd after his final Albion appearance only to be told later that the cost of the shirt would be deducted from his wages.

Good and hope it applies to Halford as well. If he's so concerning then open his wallet and make a proper gesture.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You would sign Halford over Tex? Glad your not the manager.

Halford is an intelligent lad and a great utility player and I would sign both

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
When he gave the ball away in the second half with that grass cutter through the middle his over the top berating of himself was ****ing hilarious and showed that actually he may care, despite what others think.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
We should be looking at younger players. He has done well, but I think we should part amicably.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think you will find that was Greer ...

Halfords poor header led to Greers whenever it was (pass, mis-control, or ??) that led to the goal. The header which wasn't under pressure should have been away from the danger area, cleared out of the box and not looping up and leaving Greer with a difficult ball to deal with with his back to goal and opponents close by (slight nudge on Greer before his poor touch)

Dec 29, 2011
Why it has to be either him or Calderon neither good enough as first choice but ideal on the bench. At fault for the 1st goal with a poor header and many others in previous games.

Gordon Greer was at fault for the first goal with that god awful touch. If he had just hoofed it or headed it again you wouldn't even be talking about Halford's header. Greer out, halford in.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.

Miserable sod.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gordon Greer was at fault for the first goal with that god awful touch. If he had just hoofed it or headed it again you wouldn't even be talking about Halford's header. Greer out, halford in.

I will accept Greer should have done better but the ball appeared to just hit his shin The header should have been to the edge of the box not up in the air.so both culpable. Greer has done well and will make a good back up. Halford is not ours and hasnt shown enough to make me want him to be. We cant afford and dont need 2 utility versatile back four players for the bench so it has to be Halford or Calderon not both.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I will accept Greer should have done better but the ball appeared to just hit his shin The header should have been to the edge of the box not up in the air.so both culpable. Greer has done well and will make a good back up. Halford is not ours and hasnt shown enough to make me want him to be. We cant afford and dont need 2 utility versatile back four players for the bench so it has to be Halford or Calderon not both.

Halford's fault. He had a free header but didn't clear the box. Greer realised he wasn't tight so instinctively closed the nearest forward's space and tried to 'pin him in' using his back. He neglected to follow the ball in the air which then bounced and gifted Deeney a goal. They're both culpable but Halford had ample opportunity to clear the ball uncontested, but failed to do so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Halford's fault. He had a free header but didn't clear the box. Greer realised he wasn't tight so instinctively closed the nearest forward's space and tried to 'pin him in' using his back. He neglected to follow the ball in the air which then bounced and gifted Deeney a goal. They're both culpable but Halford had ample opportunity to clear the ball uncontested, but failed to do so.

You are not allowed to say that.:lolol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.
You can't stop yourself, can you? Miserable sod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here