Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I hate to be negative about GG but there were question marks last year. In the context of this season we have a number of long-standing squad members really raising their games (Stephens, March, Lualua, Bruno, Stockdale) but sadly I don't think it can be said of GG. He's been such an emblematic figure in defence but sad to say I think we may have to be considering exit options for him...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Like I say, I'm not a Greer slagger, because on the whole he is very reliable. But today, through his distribution, he was either gifting it pointlessly back to them, or putting us bang in trouble time and time again.

Can't have that. And Chris was absolutely right to do something about it before it cost us.

I know, and I wasn't intending to point the finger at you at all. The thing about Greer is his distribution is one of his key attributes and his radar was off today, but it was still his teammates mistakes that cost us in that awful first half.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
And regarding the captaincy, since I first saw him play I felt that Kayal had captaincy stature superior to GG. Soz. Said it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And regarding the captaincy, since I first saw him play I felt that Kayal had captaincy stature superior to GG. Soz. Said it.
Thankfully you don't have to have be captain to be a leader. Unlike last season, we have several big personalities.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
GG has done well this season (I didn't see today) Uwe has at times looked weak in the air, but great in the tackle and distribution, Dunk - top quality but for those few moments when his concentration hoes he is a very special player. So they all have a role to play in different games. I can't see Uwe starting against tall front two teams for example.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is centre back is one position managers don't like to rotate but with 50 plus matches in the season and internationals it is impossible for 34 year old Greer to play in all those matches consistently well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He didn't look injured when he went off which is what was originally reported on Twitter and then went straight down the tunnel followed by Nathan Jones. I wonder if he got hauled off by Hughton or if he was actually ill? I'll guess we shall find out on Tuesday.

Who took the captains armband when he went off, I presume it was Bruno

[TWEET]655415517742780416[/TWEET]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not a Greer slagger. He's played a pivotal role in a very MINGY defence over the last few seasons, but today he had an absolute shocker. Not so much in the equaliser - that was a well delivered ball at pace that was always going to be difficult to defend. But he spent the entire 1st half launching balls into their half towards, well, nobody. And TWICE put us in severe peril with abysmal passes, under no pressure whatsoever. The first, a 10 yard pass to Stephens, who had to lunge to reach it and missed, putting them right in on our back 4. And again, when he inexplicably rolled it straight to a Leeds player just outside the box. Neither resulted in goals, but holy shit.

There are various reports of illness etc. I'm not sure I buy it. He was simply cack today, and it was a major relief when he got binned off because he was an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully he's not been drastically infected by the Scotch national team, because I like him as a player and a captain. But today....crikey.

That.....!! i don't know what's up with him but yesterday he looked like someone who had been dragged out of the local ale house an hour before kick off , illness , personal problems...?? who knows ...? all i know is we were very lucky to get away with that performance yesterday.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Sake. I've already said I'm not a Greer slagger - find a post of mine where I have.

But today he had a truly SHOCKING half an hour, and I'm glad we had a manager who had the balls to do something about it before it cost us.

Absolutely this, everyone around us agreed.

(sorry think I may have accidently thumbs downed you instead of up)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It did appear that Dunk was culpable for their goal and the Wood glaring miss, but the defence was far more solid once Uwe came on for GG. Perhaps we should put it down as a bad day, but Uwe has the shirt now and it is up to GG to get it back.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It did appear that Dunk was culpable for their goal and the Wood glaring miss, but the defence was far more solid once Uwe came on for GG. Perhaps we should put it down as a bad day, but Uwe has the shirt now and it is up to GG to get it back.

I just wish we could be more inventive with free kicks outside their box.
We got caught twice by their 3 man waiting to take it ploy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Watching the highlights it does shoŵ how hard it is to make split second judgements.
For the goal Cooper ran through past Dunk who saw him late and started to react but was left in no mans land. Not Dunk's fault really. If anything Cooper should have been blocked on the run through.
For the Wood miss I have it down as a Dunk mistake. Completely lost him.
Others may disagree.
By popular report Greer was having a stinker but everything points to the jarred knee early on being at least part to blame. Certainly don't think he was pulled off. That said, Hunnemeir now has the shirt and hopefully we will get the chance to see him and Dunk together on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here