Greer on Le Fondre....2d half...yellow or no yellow?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you think it was worth a yellow card?

• No it wasn't worth a yellow

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • Yes it was worth a yellow

Votes: 42 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
36 people conned as well as the ref?! :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He jumped into him. A soft free kick at best. Joke decision.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think people need to take off their blue and white tinted glasses here for a moment. It was as obvious booking as you will ever see. The fact that 40% saw it like that, suggests the ref was spot on. How many of the 60% who say no, would say no if Greer got his body slammed him into the post. As big a **** as the ref was he was right to send of Greer. Complete stupidity from our skipper. No need to do it, deserved what he got.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He never saw it! It was only the aftermath that made him react! Embarassing! Le Fondre made a meal of it and so did every other Reading connection,complete farce. From my position, it was just a tough challenge! Ref had a good game up to then !
Referee was crap most of the game, but he got the Greer booking spot on. I fail to see why people are trying to pin it on the ref, rather than Greer. Stupid challenge for a player to make when he is on a yellow card. Yes, Reading went OTT, but the ref was right. 40% on here going with the ref, says it all really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think people need to take off their blue and white tinted glasses here for a moment. It was as obvious booking as you will ever see. The fact that 40% saw it like that, suggests the ref was spot on. How many of the 60% who say no, would say no if Greer got his body slammed him into the post. As big a **** as the ref was he was right to send of Greer. Complete stupidity from our skipper. No need to do it, deserved what he got.

Standing still and pulling out of a challenge while your opponent jumps into you and jumps on the ground isn't a yellow. Especially as the ref let many 'fouls' go. I couldn't disagree with you more and no I do t have blue and white specs on. For example RVPs second challenge today wasn't even a foul as he took the ball and it wasn't dangerous. Shall we make football non contact?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Referee was crap most of the game, but he got the Greer booking spot on. I fail to see why people are trying to pin it on the ref, rather than Greer. Stupid challenge for a player to make when he is on a yellow card. Yes, Reading went OTT, but the ref was right. 40% on here going with the ref, says it all really.

And regardless of disagreeing about that the worst thing (as even Naylor noted) was the fact the ref wasn't going to book Greer til the Reading players suddenly realised he was in a yellow and moaned to the ref - surrounding him. Was a disgraceful piece of officiating.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Having now seen the incident on tv, with an excellent view, I don't think it should have been a booking. Le Fondre didn't go after the ball but jumped into Greer. No blue and white specs here either.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As usual, Tubby McFat-Fuc hasn't an effing clue.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
As usual, Tubby McFat-Fuc hasn't an effing clue.
In that case then nor have the other 40% who voted the ref was right. The fact that 40% saw it like that, suggests the ref was spot on. How many of the 60% who say no, would say no if Greer got his body slammed him into the post before driving a stake through his heart!!

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And regardless of disagreeing about that the worst thing (as even Naylor noted) was the fact the ref wasn't going to book Greer til the Reading players suddenly realised he was in a yellow and moaned to the ref - surrounding him. Was a disgraceful piece of officiating.
Agreed. But it was still a booking!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In that case then nor have the other 40% who voted the ref was right. The fact that 40% saw it like that, suggests the ref was spot on. How many of the 60% who say no, would say no if Greer got his body slammed him into the post before driving a stake through his heart!!

Did you see it on the Football League Show? He just blocked him. Le Fondre ran into him, if anything. Marginal foul. Never a booking.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Have you seen it on telly? He blocked him. Foul. Never a booking.
He blocked him?

So Deliberately? Yellow card, ref was correct.

Not deliberate. No Foul.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The diving from the Reading players today was an absolute disgrace. The most blatant cheating I've ever seen! At least twice in our box trying to win penalties. If the ref waves the appeals away then surely has to be yellow cards for diving! If refs don't take action against this it will simply carry on. Will Adkins do a Pulis? Somehow I doubt it!

That all depends if the referee thinks it was a dive or not.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Sat in line with this on Saturday in WSU i thought it was a clear yellow. Greer realised he was isolated against an opponent with more pace with him. He went into that challenge with no intention of letting the opponent skip past him. When it became apparent that this was going to happen he body checked him. La Fondre made a lot of it - which most of our players would have done given the situation being reversed. La Fondre, Adtkins and other Reading player reactions dont change the fact that it was a yellow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was a foul but never a booking!

Is the right answer. It was obstruction. Indirect free kick no yellow. I missed it live so watched it back a few times on FLS. While the ref only gets one go live he also shouldn't change or be influenced in his decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports