Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer on Le Fondre....2d half...yellow or no yellow?

do you think it was worth a yellow card?

• No it wasn't worth a yellow

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • Yes it was worth a yellow

Votes: 42 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Fairly even split so you can't really blame the ref either way.

Thought it was borderline and the ref should have given a final warning in those circumstances - but he didn't and we cant whinge about it, the first yellow by Greer was so cynical it was probably worth one and a half cards

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Definite yellow for me. Reading have turned into a typical Adkins side and will cheat and harass the ref to get the result. It was the same when he was in charge at Southampton.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why debate it? The refs decision is final - unless you're being berated by a bespectacled physio called Nigel so it would seem.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Seen the replay - never a booking. If that was a card, there was at least half a dozen others the ref should've dished out.

The Reading players clearly got him sent off - not sure the ref even saw it, he just responded to their over-reaction. Typical cynical Adkins side.

Last edited:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
No doubt about it. Yellow card. I sit right in front of it. Ref (who was shit most of the game) got that one spot on.

He never saw it! It was only the aftermath that made him react! Embarassing! Le Fondre made a meal of it and so did every other Reading connection,complete farce. From my position, it was just a tough challenge! Ref had a good game up to then !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly harsh 2nd card for me but Le Fondre's reaction was disgusting. I have seen players stay on the pitch without a booking for worse fouls than either of Greer's today.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Was a Defo yellow but le fondre should of got booked for his reaction it was way over top and disgraceful

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Right in front of me. Clear yellow. Did not just lean into him but dug his elbow into the midriff.
So why did he go down clutching his face, only letting go to lift his head and see if he needed to carry on playacting or not?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Definitely harsh, but the reading player made the most of it and that dodgy linesman bought into it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
From my viewpoint it looked like the Reading player knocked the ball past Greer who was in close proximity and then ran into Greer giving him no opportunity to get out of the way (as he was so close at the time) and then hit the deck looking for a foul.

Maybe Greer turned his body as some suggest above not to cause a foul but maybe to try to avoid the Reading player?

Never a yellow imo, especially given how he had reffed the game upto that point and far worst challenges had gone unpunished (not even a free kick) yet he chose to send off Greer when many a ref would choose to bottle a 2nd yellow = red card (unless very clear cut which this wasn't, hence it was only produced after the protests by Reading players) and talk to the player at most.

It wasn't in a dangerous position and not a goal scoring opportunity but a fairly safe area of the pitch so again can't be a booking for that reason imo.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
The diving from the Reading players today was an absolute disgrace. The most blatant cheating I've ever seen! At least twice in our box trying to win penalties. If the ref waves the appeals away then surely has to be yellow cards for diving! If refs don't take action against this it will simply carry on. Will Adkins do a Pulis? Somehow I doubt it!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The diving from the Reading players today was an absolute disgrace. The most blatant cheating I've ever seen! At least twice in our box trying to win penalties. If the ref waves the appeals away then surely has to be yellow cards for diving! If refs don't take action against this it will simply carry on. Will Adkins do a Pulis? Somehow I doubt it!

His Southampton team did exactly the same thing in Division one so there is no chance he will fine players, he is probably more likely to be rewarding / praising them for doing it

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Slightly harsh 2nd card for me but Le Fondre's reaction was disgusting. I have seen players stay on the pitch without a booking for worse fouls than either of Greer's today.

I think we all have but I have also seen players given a straight red for fouls in similar positions to the first and yellows for the second. You or I may disagree with the decisions of a referee but in the end it's not our decision it's the ref's.

If the players, in this case GG, didn't make the referee have to decide what to do as regarding a booking and didn't commit the foul in the first place then the question of whether a card was justified or not wouldn't arise.

Of course questioning and reacting an official's decision is all part of the enjoyment of watching football :)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
harsh or not we wont have to put up with the woeful greer on tuesday night

Er right-that'll be the Greer who has contributed to one of the best defences in the division and has yet to conceed a goal whilst playing for Scotland. I guess everyone needs someone to hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here