Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Southgate hate (due to him inexplicably not picking Dunk I agree) is in danger of boiling over into another NSC stick to beat our country with. Can see it now ‘I’m glad THEY lost etc etc’. Southgate is mental for not picking Dunk, but he’s doing good things with the England team and has been successful with young players so obviously will get my full support for my country as always. Should go without saying, but appreciate many won’t be able to comprehend the thought of supporting our country at our sport, and make up some sort of club v country thing as per...

I agree, were that the case, but I don't recall reading anyone say they hope England lose. Not even THPP :rolleyes:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nonsense. Not liking Southgate is as anti England as not liking Boris Johnson.

It's not directly linked.

Proud England fan but dont think Southgate is that great.

Find it hard to be proud of the England team if honest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't think the situations are any way the same. Pretty sure our captain was cleared of involvement.

Correct. Only palace trolls floating the false meme lately; on a par with 'BHA stupidly selling the Goldstone when they had nowhere to go', etc.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
It wasn't that long ago that our Captain was involved in something much more sinister.

Let's not be judge, jury and executioner so early on.

Young, rich footballers are idiots. We alre

Don't think the situations are any way the same. Pretty sure our captain was cleared of involvement.

I think our Captain was barely a kid at the time. Not in the first team and probably not earning much money.

These two 'Kids' are first teamers, now internationals and probably already multi-millionaires.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Find it hard to be proud of the England team if honest.

I don't. I love my country, accepting we're actually a bit shit, often dull and not top level. The Everton's of world football!

I do find though being English is often a big emotional contradiction, on one hand immsensly proud of history, achievements and diversity and on the other, the many chavvy England fans in their sports direct clobber. Totally nauseating Muppets, Especially abroad, they can often make me feel embarrassed I'm English.

But the 3 lions will always be supported.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Firstly, Icelandic women are hot so i totally get the temptation. But, buck stops at Southgate here IMHO. We've got him defending the behaviour of Maguire, overseeing a game with a wreckless red card, a player stomping on the penalty spot and our two best young players picking up birds and inviting them to their room?! WTF?
Doesn't bode well really does it?
He's bound to say 'they're good lads, they're young lads' etc.
We also play shit football.

EDIT: Actually what the **** is wrong with footballers?! They've just had their summer holidays!

Because southgate is a pathetic girl, players don’t respect him. He’s just living off that penalty shoot out win v Columbia. Awful manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've phrased that wrong and it's probably a lazy comment from me, but I think [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] has a point.

Ultimately the loudest voices on here are usually the dissenting ones which is what I remember. When it comes to England people are always very quick to get the knives out, very quick to claim embarrassment and very quick to distance themselves if anything goes wrong. Much quicker than with the Albion.

On subject, Foden and Greenwood are morons! Not sure how you can pin it on Southgate though. Up until recently Southgate had been great but you can see some cracks starting to appear - playing players out of position is usually the beginning of the end.

I think it's to do with setting the culture where everyone knows how they will be treated if they transgress. Picking Maguire sent a clear signal to go push some boundaries.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
They're 18 and 20 - did you never do anything stupid at that age?

of-course I did but its not really comparable. When I was 18 or 20 the world wasn't suffering from a global pandemic where the do's and don't's were pretty obvious. I wasn't in a position of responsibility where breaking those rules would have a profound and contradictory impact on what was trying to be achieved. It must have been blindingly obvious to them that doing what they did was not a sensible idea. If thats not true then heads should roll at the FA, but I doubt its the case.

I wasn't perfect in my teens or 20's but I didn't do anything that was so obviously stupid but the situations is totally different!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because southgate is a pathetic girl, players don’t respect him. He’s just living off that penalty shoot out win v Columbia. Awful manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an insult to call a man a pathetic girl? Since when did the women’s team break COVID rules abroad, get drunk or commit adultery?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
There was a time when to pull on an England shirt was considered an honour, when to be selected for your country was special.
Part of the downturn is surely the inability to produce a strong, determined captain who is part of the management team. Could you see Billy Wright or Bobby Moore putting up with this nonsense?

And also the fact that some of the players selected (these two are a good example) are nasty little oiks without any sense of responsibility or consideration. But that’s modern Britain….

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There was a time when to pull on an England shirt was considered an honour, when to be selected for your country was special.
Part of the downturn is surely the inability to produce a strong, determined captain who is part of the management team. Could you see Billy Wright or Bobby Moore putting up with this nonsense?

And also the fact that some of the players selected (these two are a good example) are nasty little oiks without any sense of responsibility or consideration. But that’s modern Britain….

I think plenty of footballers back in the 60s as well were partying and ****ing a lot of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports