Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party really are taking the biscuit - In fact the whole cup

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
So the party which is supposed to 'run the Council' doesn't. Hardly shock news. But of course the Greens get the blame, they are crap in soooo many ways. And no, I would never in a million years have voted them in - pretty obvious that a party wth such a narrowly-focussed agenda is not ever going to be able to run the day-to-day boring stuff properly.

I think you need to read up on how councils work. By the way, what was the narrow focused agenda ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Really? How strange. Where do you play?

i dont play, along with most people. most people would probably know it as a hole. you seem to be suggesting that in golf parlance its called a cup. though i've never heard it refered to that when watching the golf on tellybox. the pun failed quite badly.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Our green councillors have been brilliant the last 10 years. They are the only ones who turn up to our estate meetings, take action on any points made.

Our city is lucky to have an alternative to the old hat 2/3 party system.

I think you will find they have a big support in the city even though politicians and politics get little support at present with low turn outs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You really can't blame the Green Party for filling in holes on a golf course.

But in case you're still under the impression they're in any way in favour of a liberal democracy (entirely different to the Liberal Democrats BTW) here's an utterly bizarre rant from Kitcat about how Labour shouldn't field a candidate against poor ickle Caroline Lucas in the next General Election.

A progressive majority in 2015? Jason Kitcat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely nothing to do with the Green Party, as is 95% of the other rubbish they are blamed for.

Most of the decisions they are blamed for are not made in the chamber and many of those they are involved in come from all party sub-committee's

As someone who has worked closely with councillors of all parties, I find the crap people spew from the Argus pages irksome.

As someone who pays council tax in full for however bleeding long it it is, I find the shit spouted by council employees to be far more than f**king irksome!

Usually execs and managers mind.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Absolutely nothing to do with the Green Party, as is 95% of the other rubbish they are blamed for.

Most of the decisions they are blamed for are not made in the chamber and many of those they are involved in come from all party sub-committee's

As someone who has worked closely with councillors of all parties, I find the crap people spew from the Argus pages irksome.

I have no sympathy for the Greens nor any of the other parties. They get the blame because they are in control of the council at the time. Strangely, when anything positive happens they are all very willing to take the praise. Vile, two face vermin most of our councillors although the biggest cock of all is Kitcat.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
i dont play, along with most people. most people would probably know it as a hole. you seem to be suggesting that in golf parlance its called a cup. though i've never heard it refered to that when watching the golf on tellybox. the pun failed quite badly.

The term cup is quite common, you don't know what the f*** you're on about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here