Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party Hypocrisy Unbelievable

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I quite like the idea of everyone have a set of carbon credits. For simplicity sake let's say 100 credits a year. Those credits then go against what you use. Drive your car 40k a year - 4 credits. Drive your car 10k a year - 1 credit. Flights would be based on per thousand miles. Other things such as heating system etc would also attract credit reduction. When you run out no driving, no flying, no more heating ( controversial I know ) etc. No trading of credits. That way rich people don't benefit from being rich.

Don't get me wrong - no idea how it would be administered and you'd want to ensure vulnerable people didn't die from the cold etc but something needs to happen to 'level the playing field' between rich and poor when it comes to climate change.

So you think this would be a really good idea, but have absolutely no idea how it could be implemented in real life. A touch of Déjà vu perhaps :wink:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So you think this would be a really good idea, but have absolutely no idea how it could be implemented in real life. A touch of Déjà vu perhaps :wink:

Back on topic, now the Rt Hon Member for Hove & Portslade is gunning for
Mac Cafferty,

AN MP slammed the "lamentable" leadership of a top Green councillor who was caught flying to COP26 - comparing him to Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Peter Kyle said the leader of Brighton and Hove City Council leader should not be surprised by public outrage after he flew to Glasgow the same day he criticised the government for a "lack of action" over climate change.

The Labour MP for Hove and Portslade slammed Phelim Mac Cafferty, who yesterday admitted the mistake after The Argus questioned how he got to the climate conference.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/197...council-leadership-lamentable-flight-blunder/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm no fan of The Argus but, I like to see if there's any new stories on BHA. On the main news page The Argus has written 9 stories in one day, all based on this story and retweeted GB News.

Silly choice by the counsellor no question but, I'm even more surprised by The Argus coverage!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm no fan of The Argus but, I like to see if there's any new stories on BHA. On the main news page The Argus has written 9 stories in one day, all based on this story and retweeted GB News.

Silly choice by the counsellor no question but, I'm even more surprised by The Argus coverage!

Phelim is a popular bloke in the City of Brighton & Hove……

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Phelim is a popular bloke in the City of Brighton & Hove……

Over 12 solid hours on the same story of a councillor taking a flight from that doyen of investigative journalism, the Evening Argus

I believe you deserve some NSC award for endurance and persistence at the very least :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Over 12 solid hours on the same story of a councillor taking a flight from that doyen of investigative journalism, the Evening Argus

I believe you deserve some NSC award for endurance and persistence at the very least :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Looks like he's got what he wanted, attention.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Meanwhile back on topic, and for balance, rather surprising I know but your MP has suggested “It’s a matter for Phelim”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19704930.caroline-lucas-mp-green-council-leaders-flight-cop26/

Btw I appreciate you may edit your above post at some stage [emoji6]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Meanwhile back on topic, and for balance, rather surprising I know but your MP has suggested “It’s a matter for Phelim”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19704930.caroline-lucas-mp-green-council-leaders-flight-cop26/

Btw I appreciate you may edit your above post at some stage [emoji6]

I'm off to dinner now, but if you manage to keep bouncing this thread for another 12 hours, I'll back the campaign to get recognition for your attention seeking :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm off to dinner now, but if you manage to keep bouncing this thread for another 12 hours, I'll back the campaign to get recognition for your attention seeking :lolol:

It wouldn’t feel right taking the award for attention seeking away from you seeing as you’ve won it every year since 2016, I’m assuming like Brazil after the first 3 you kept the trophy, now sitting on your York stone mantle up there in Westdene[emoji6]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You really can't stop yourself bringing Brexit into everything can you ? You seem very bitter. It's over, we've left. Leave Brexit to the remainers echo chamber in the Bear Pit.

No...

It's not over.

In many ways, I wish it was...

Yes we've left... but Brexit is a process not an event and it will go on and on.

Just saying....

Didn't anyone warn you?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Would it be to much to ask one of the moderation team to explain publicly why this thread has been moved off the main board please?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Would it be to much to ask one of the moderation team to explain publicly why this thread has been moved off the main board please?

Because you’re a ****?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here