Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest bass lines in popular music

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
DavidinSouthampton;65705 50 said:
[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cream+%2b+crossroads&docid=608038550446080582&mid=08ADF8B281A2B7F909B008ADF8 B281A2B7F909B0&view=detail&FORM=VIRE4#view=detail&mid=08ADF8B281A2B7F909B008ADF8 B281A2B7F909B0[/video]

To back up Previous post, Crossroads by Cream. I believe it was after playing this that John Peel famously said "and now tell me there are only three of them"

A thumbs down for that? You, sir, are a Philistine.

Oh well, each to his own.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Delighted to see the brilliance of Jean-Jacques Burnel and Peter Hook being acknowledged by several posters on this thread:

Blistering live version of my favourite Stranglers' track, 'Down in the Sewer' when the were at their peak - awesome bass playing

A pair of awesome videos there. Hook is still the first person to jump in to my head when it comes to bassists. My son who's nearly eight came to watch the New Order vid over my shoulder which is encouraging for his taste seeing as how his mother has effing Heart FM on when she drops them at school. Then I realised I had that quote from [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] open at the bottom and of course the little blighter can read now. Could be an interesting evening all in all. You know where to send the dad of the year awards....

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
OOH Jules is having a thumbsdownfest this afternoon, makes a change from made up transfer rumours I suppose :lolol:

Eem, don't think it's going to effect my life negatively. JT is s very talented bass player not taken as seriously as he should but if you watch DD live those boys can play !

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
JJ Burnel
Stephen Hanley
Peter hook
Youth
That lot take some beating too many tracks to mention

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
All of my favourite bass players have already been mentioned, so i'll throw a slightly more avant-garde name into the mix…Mick Karn (maybe this should be on the 80's music thread!!)

Oh, here's another great riff as well

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very difficult to not get overshadowed by the guitarists in metal bands but hats off to Steve Harris, Robert Trujillo and cliff Burton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here