[Albion] Great TV on Sunday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely looking forward to Roy Grace on TV Sunday evening, I’m on book 15 in the series at the moment.
I doubt if there will be any name dropping of local businesses in the TV series :) he must get some good discounts.

Also looking forward to swearing at the TV tomorrow at noon, especially if the commentator mentions South Coast derby.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Definitely looking forward to Roy Grace on TV Sunday evening, I’m on book 15 in the series at the moment.
I doubt if there will be any name dropping of local businesses in the TV series :) he must get some good discounts.

Also looking forward to swearing at the TV tomorrow at noon, especially if the commentator mentions South Coast derby.

Jeff Stelling has already mentioned it.
Expert Scottish ex player with incredible insight as if you don't score goals, you don't win matches. Genius.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Then, in the evening we have Grace on ITV at 8pm. Just hope John Simm makes a good fist of Peter James iconic Brighton copper, Roy Grace. The first book filmed is Dead Simple.

Peter James is an Albion fan, I believe.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I read the first 6 or 7 Grace books. They were alright to start with, a bit of a novelty reading about places I know so well, but, after the first few, the attraction started to fade and I realised they weren’t very good when compared to others in the same genre.

I still read them each year but they're definitely getting worse. Previously I was able to forgive the slightly poor writing because the stories were quite engaging and, as you say, the Sussex landmarks are an interesting novelty. The last couple of books have been woeful though. I actually finished the most recent one last week. All the action was in the first few chapters then the rest of the book was about a court case playing out. I got the feeling Peter James was more interested in telling us how court cases work than telling us a story.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the TV series is like.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I still read them each year but they're definitely getting worse. Previously I was able to forgive the slightly poor writing because the stories were quite engaging and, as you say, the Sussex landmarks are an interesting novelty. The last couple of books have been woeful though. I actually finished the most recent one last week. All the action was in the first few chapters then the rest of the book was about a court case playing out. I got the feeling Peter James was more interested in telling us how court cases work than telling us a story.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the TV series is like.

I've read a couple of his books and they weren't great, tbh. I think he churns them out a bit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Peter James is an Albion fan, I believe.

When he wrote one of the Grace books that included the Amex in its plot( I didn’t read it) he was asked in an interview if he supported the Albion. He said that he wasn’t a football fan, but, had been to the stadium to watch Rugby.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Read them all. Some are better than others but still enjoy them.

I know its all about opinions but I read one Tom Thorne book and thought it was awful.

John Simm is a Man U fan btw.....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
These ads are intolerable. Ads at 8.24, 8.35 and 8.50. Seriously, is that enough?!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great episode of the new series of Top Gear was just on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They appear to have dropped Norman Potting from Grace. Too non-pc?

Enjoying it so far though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports