Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great TV on Sunday

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
First we have the Albion match along the coast at St. Mary.s. Nice to see it is on BBC One for a change. No adverts. Mid day/

Anyway, to celebrate this match my website/Facebook page Football Cities has a preview, including a write up on two players beloved by both clubs.

Feel free to visit same by going to www.footballcities.co.uk and clicking on the Facebook link.

Then, in the evening we have Grace on ITV at 8pm. Just hope John Simm makes a good fist of Peter James iconic Brighton copper, Roy Grace. The first book filmed is Dead Simple.

After watching this you won't be keen on going on stag dos again.

Enjoy both programmes. UTA.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
First we have the Albion match along the coast at St. Mary.s. Nice to see it is on BBC One for a change. No adverts. Mid day/
Anyway, to celebrate this match my website/Facebook page Football Cities has a preview, including a write up on two players beloved by both clubs.
Feel free to visit same by going to www.footballcities.co.uk and clicking on the Facebook link.
Then, in the evening we have Grace on ITV at 8pm. Just hope John Simm makes a good fist of Peter James iconic Brighton copper, Roy Grace. The first book filmed is Dead Simple.After watching this you won't be keen on going on stag dos again.

And in-between the two is the second T20 game between India v England.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I read the first 6 or 7 Grace books. They were alright to start with, a bit of a novelty reading about places I know so well, but, after the first few, the attraction started to fade and I realised they weren’t very good when compared to others in the same genre.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
No TV will be enjoyable after our game.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.

Then, in the evening we have Grace on ITV at 8pm. Just hope John Simm makes a good fist of Peter James iconic Brighton copper, Roy Grace. The first book filmed is Dead Simple.

Dead Simple is the only Peter James book I've read, will be interesting to see how the show shapes up.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
I read the first 6 or 7 Grace books. They were alright to start with, a bit of a novelty reading about places I know so well, but, after the first few, the attraction started to fade and I realised they weren’t very good when compared to others in the same genre.

Having read the 1st one, I thought that, although the plot was pretty good, something about James' writing style wasn't quite as up to par. Have you read any of the Tom Thorne books by Mark Billingham? now he can write!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

It took 6 or 7 books to work that out? :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Don’t think I got that far. Enjoyed the first one and then it all got a bit predictable and rather dull :shrug:

Chilling start to the first one though that definitely grabbed my attention!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don’t think I got that far. Enjoyed the first one and then it all got a bit predictable and rather dull :shrug:

Chilling start to the first one though that definitely grabbed my attention!

I read a lot, I kept hoping they would improve, unfortunately, they didn’t.

A bit like Stuart McBride, but, his decline has been much slower

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Same with me, read one and OK but the style of writing was not me.

Now give me a William Boyd book......

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Shame that most of NSC will not be watching Grace tonight.
Or will they?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shame that most of NSC will not be watching Grace tonight.
Or will they?

Not tonight, I won’t be.

I’ll be watching tomorrow though. Back in the days when I commuted (remember those?), I was reading through the series on the train. Was half way through You Are Dead when working from home started and haven’t picked it up since. Hopefully, I’ll get back to reading soon.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'll be honest, "the Albion game" and "good TV" aren't exactly closely overlapping circles of a venn diagram right now

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not tonight, I won’t be.

I’ll be watching tomorrow though. Back in the days when I commuted (remember those?), I was reading through the series on the train. Was half way through You Are Dead when working from home started and haven’t picked it up since. Hopefully, I’ll get back to reading soon.

Bugger, I meant tomorrow.
My point was that many on NSC do not watch anything on ITV they refuse to watch the channel apparently, clearly you are not one of them and neither am I.
Wondering how many will break their golden rule just because it was filmed in Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here