Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great kit/rubbish kit

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now this was the mutts nuts! Especially with the matching shorts.(But I also like the green and black)

Attachments

• tsb.jpeg
    tsb.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 254

bytheriver

Oct 11, 2012
Me too.

We wore a kit for the 1991 playoff final at Wembley (and all the following season) that was red and white but pretty much little red lines on a white background. From 4 feet away it looked like a Chewit wrapper. From 10 feet it looked pink. Brighton fans. In pink kits. With NOBO written on them. Brilliant.

I'm not a fan of the green and black. It looks like we're trainee St John's Ambulance members who forgot to leave the pitch after tending to a pulled hamstring. However I know loads of Brighton fans who love it and my best mate and season ticket buddy has a well loved green and black replica.

Brilliant! I've PM'd you.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
brighton___hove_albion_1969-1970.gif

My all time favourite Albion kit.

As it was what we were wearing in the late sixties when I first saw the Albion. As a kid I thought this WAS our kit - it still sends a tingle down the spine . I think Oldham wear something very similar to it at present.:bhasign:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
You mean this
271819d1346336760-something-little-different-brighton-hove-albion-story-brighton_1.png
271818d1346336759-something-little-different-brighton-hove-albion-story-brighton_2.png

And this
Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom has today announced his teams new kit alongside Manager Jason Mann. Despite starting the season in last years kit, Bloom has released details of the official 2012-2013 kit. Both kits feature Albion's traditional colours of blue and white. The home kit is mainly blue with white details whilst the away kit features white as the main colour with blue details.

This years kit maker is American giant Nike - a change from last years Errea. The main sponsor has also changed for the new season with Brighton and Hove Jobs losing their place on the shirt to make way for American Express - the clubs' stadium sponsor. Both Chairman and Manager hope that the new kits will inspire the club onto great things this year in the Premier League.

that would be amazing!!!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
If these kits are going to be our new ones, do you think the great offers (and they have been great) on kits this year was purely to show our buying/selling power to the likes of Nike ? ? does anyone know if these really are going to be next seasons kits?

They both look nice but I do like proper Blue and white stripes not blue with white pin stripes

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to be stripes at home for me. That white away kit is nice though.

Regarding the green and black kit, wasnt it NSC that campaigned for this in the first place ?

Our current home shirts are the best we've had since the centenary shirt, the current away is alright .

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Got to be stripes at home for me. That white away kit is nice though.

Regarding the green and black kit, wasnt it NSC that campaigned for this in the first place ?

Our current home shirts are the best we've had since the centenary shirt, the current away is alright .

I may be wrong but I thought it started as an April fools joke saying first season at the AMEX we were having a green kit due to the very first game as Brighton and Hove Albion we wore Green and then the green and black just spawned from there

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Those AMEX shirts are delicious, I'd definitely buy the blue one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I may be wrong but I thought it started as an April fools joke saying first season at the AMEX we were having a green kit due to the very first game as Brighton and Hove Albion we wore Green and then the green and black just spawned from there

Way back before then. I think I remember there was a club 'poll' to choose the next away kit, the chosen one was the dark red 05/07 shirt. I seem to recall one of the other choices was a green and black striped shirt then.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
[MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION] hence my previous post "If these kits are going to be our new ones, do you think the great offers (and they have been great) on kits this year was purely to show our buying/selling power to the likes of Nike ? ? does anyone know if these really are going to be next seasons kits?"

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] didnt realise that thanks for putting me straight

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
[MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION] hence my previous post "If these kits are going to be our new ones, do you think the great offers (and they have been great) on kits this year was purely to show our buying/selling power to the likes of Nike ? ? does anyone know if these really are going to be next seasons kits?"

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] didnt realise that thanks for putting me straight

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

1. No we flogged loads of kits this season as the kit only has one year left and im assuming we have loads left in stock.

2. doesnt matter how many we sell, we have a contract with ERRA.

3. see point 2 as Nike will not be making our Kits they are not the kit for next season, just a good mock up.

4. which should probs be point 2, we dont know who our sponser will be, nothing has been confirmed it will be American Express.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here