Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great kit/rubbish kit

bytheriver

Oct 11, 2012
What do fans think of the green & Black away kit? I've been told its pretty popular, hence it's now in its second year! How does it compare to kits of the past? Are there any kits - home or away - that you loved or despised?

I'd love to get some feedback guys. It could well end up in 442 mag.

Thanks!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think it's hideous, but with black shorts it's slightly better than with green ones.

The red and black striped kit was immense, would be good to get those colours back.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I like the green and black its something a bit different, the blue and black was really nice in the nineties and we had a plain white one with plue and white stripped bits around the bottom of the sleeves was another good one, we also had a red chequed one (looked like a chewit wrapper) but with the squares so small it looked slightly pink and made you feel sick if you starred at it too long oddly enough I still liked it, guess im easily pleased

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I loved the red and balck skint away strip

Me too.

We wore a kit for the 1991 playoff final at Wembley (and all the following season) that was red and white but pretty much little red lines on a white background. From 4 feet away it looked like a Chewit wrapper. From 10 feet it looked pink. Brighton fans. In pink kits. With NOBO written on them. Brilliant.

I'm not a fan of the green and black. It looks like we're trainee St John's Ambulance members who forgot to leave the pitch after tending to a pulled hamstring. However I know loads of Brighton fans who love it and my best mate and season ticket buddy has a well loved green and black replica.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I think it's hideous, but with black shorts it's slightly better than with green ones.

The red and black striped kit was immense, would be good to get those colours back.

This. I love our current away kit with block shorts but with green it looks dreadful. The red and black kit from 2 seasons ago was bang tidy...

shirtybt.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I like it with both the green and black shorts . The red and black kit was good too .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's beautiful. I think we're really lucky to have a brand like Errea making bespoke shirts for us (though we will undoubtedly become a Nike/Adidas template team in the near future. I reckon it must be our biggest-selling away kit of all time, not just because of the amount of new and returning fans, but because it's something a bit different, and the kids love it.
Fluro pink and black for next season!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
At first I thought it was hideous but it's grown on me a lot. I don't think the popularity had much to do with the decision to make it a 2011-13 kit, which was made clear pretty early on last season.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
@guiness boy yep thats the one, does anyone know if the link I posted above is correct and they are the new kits??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

You mean this
271819d1346336760-something-little-different-brighton-hove-albion-story-brighton_1.png
271818d1346336759-something-little-different-brighton-hove-albion-story-brighton_2.png

And this
Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom has today announced his teams new kit alongside Manager Jason Mann. Despite starting the season in last years kit, Bloom has released details of the official 2012-2013 kit. Both kits feature Albion's traditional colours of blue and white. The home kit is mainly blue with white details whilst the away kit features white as the main colour with blue details.

This years kit maker is American giant Nike - a change from last years Errea. The main sponsor has also changed for the new season with Brighton and Hove Jobs losing their place on the shirt to make way for American Express - the clubs' stadium sponsor. Both Chairman and Manager hope that the new kits will inspire the club onto great things this year in the Premier League.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
These ones were truly awful

away_shirt_tommy.jpg

I really like that one, i still bring it out for the sunday kickabout. I did like all of the red/black combos we've had recently...red & black seems to work very well as a strip.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Very popular with the kids and personally I like it as its a bit different to the mundance mass produced rubbish worn by many clubs however I would never wear it myself.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This. I love our current away kit with block shorts but with green it looks dreadful. The red and black kit from 2 seasons ago was bang tidy...

shirtybt.jpg

The Skint one was a thing of beauty, but this one I didn't like. It's either stripes or it's not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here