Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great first for Brighton. Clean drug user rooms.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm all for it.

She did more than that. They authorised the sale of cigarettes impregnated with a diamorphine ( heroin) in Liverpool in an effort to give junkies access to clean drugs via a Doctor rather than street stuff cut with anthrax and bleach.

It cut crime among the control group to zero and improved not only the addicts health but the lives of everyone around them. Of course it had to end because the wagging fingers, hypocrites and " I'm not paying for druggies" brigade put pressure on the LHA to stop.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Yet more 'right on' nonsense from the Greens. Sorry, but this will potentially attract more users to the area and it won't solve any of the crimes committed by the users to facilitate their addiction.

Clearly you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
So how will these 'people' obtain their illegal recreational drugs then?

The clean drug user room & isn't about how 'these people???' obtain their 'recreational drugs' it's about reducing the risk of overdoses and other drug-related deaths, as well as decreasing the amount of drug-taking on the streets of Brighton.

How it's obtained or how people are sucked in to the vicious circle that intwines the lifestyle is a separate matter. One you are unlikely to care for or understand for that matter

D

Deleted User X18H

The clean drug user room & isn't about how 'these people???' obtain their 'recreational drugs' it's about reducing the risk of overdoses and other drug-related deaths, as well as decreasing the amount of drug-taking on the streets of Brighton.

How it's obtained or how people are sucked in to the vicious circle that intwines the lifestyle is a separate matter. One you are unlikely to care for or understand for that matter

I do understand this. That this utterly contemptible idea will encourage these people to obtain their drugs so they can smoke/take it (thankfully I don't know the terms for it's transaction) in a controlled area, thus increasing the drugs realted crime in order to obtain the stuff in the first palce.

One more thing, how many who advocate this vile concept;

A) Live in Brighton?
B) Own Property in Brighton?
C) Live with their partners and children in Brighton?
D) Pay Council Tax in Brighton?

I think I could estimate that right now.

Like Zammo said 'just say no'

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yet more 'right on' nonsense from the Greens. Sorry, but this will potentially attract more users to the area and it won't solve any of the crimes committed by the users to facilitate their addiction.

What if it helps people beat their addiction so they don't need to beg and steal anymore to feed it? You won't need to solve crimes then, because they wouldn't happen in the first place.

That said, I think Edna gave a balanced view earlier. This may or may not make a difference, the main thing for me is it's a little step further away from the "lock 'em up" attitude that doesn't work and doesn't help anyone. Herion addiction needs a solution based on real life, not party politics.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I do understand this. That this utterly contemptible idea will encourage these people to obtain their drugs so they can smoke/take it (thankfully I don't know the terms for it's transaction) in a controlled area, thus increasing the drugs realted crime in order to obtain the stuff in the first palce.

A) Live in Brighton?

Because its that easy isnt it. By the way I can answer yes to all the above.

Post 103 on the thread sums up the matter for me. See if you can get your head round that.

Right back to my idyllic lifestyle. Want to spend time with my little daughters before I head to the match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
for me is it's a little step further away from the "lock 'em up" attitude that doesn't work and doesn't help anyone. Herion addiction needs a solution based on real life, not party politics.

Agree. A point was made a few years ago that if any other government policy had been given the same amount of time and money with the same return it would have been ditched years ago. But, the current UK drugs policy just trundles on hoovering up tax payer's money whilst consumption increases. Crazy situation. As an aside I think Mike Weatherly, the Hove Tory MP, deserves credit for his position in all of this.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Agree. A point was made a few years ago that if any other government policy had been given the same amount of time and money with the same return it would have been ditched years ago. But, the current UK drugs policy just trundles on hoovering up tax payer's money whilst consumption increases. Crazy situation. As an aside I think Mike Weatherly, the Hove Tory MP, deserves credit for his position in all of this.

Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

A) Live in Brighton?

What an informed, intelligent and compassionate post

Doesn't look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here