Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Great Escape 2013** 16-18 May

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Did not get to seen White Fence as was elsewhere that point. There were a few bands I unfortunately missed this year- Teleman, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Martin Rossiter( seeing him in June though at Dome studio) Highlights yesterday were The Upskirts, The Orwells- hugely entertaining lead singer and Parquet Courts who will soon be huge. Seen them before at Audio and they Are great live. Disappointment were Deep Valley who played the usual 30 set which was probably 29 minutes too long for me.
Between bands managed to get to Resident and got the second Cronin album but yet to listen to it.

Second The Upskirts , thought Made in Japan were class too.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Doh. Just seen @spring hall convert post and they're playing tonight. Hopefully one of you will go and can report back.

Sorry Herr, I ended up swerving it (and most of Saturday night, I was done in.) I did however, torture myself when I got home by watching a few videos of them live. If those are anything to go by then it was probably a riot.

A wierd one for me this year, despite there being a whole host of stuff that I was interested in (around 140 slots made my longlist) there wasn't much that I was either rabid about or hadn't seen before. What I can confirm is that the organisation continues to get better and better (I barely queued for anything this year & the things people told me that they did have to queue for made total sense, Klaxons, Allah La's, Merchandise etc..) The alternative Escape & the stuff that even sits outside that this year made it that the already extremely reasonably priced ticket is almost unneccessary. It really is a quality weekend.

Highlights for me: Girls Names, Dingus Khan (they play GDS for free tonight if anyone is up for it), Beach Fossils & Mikal Cronin. Mac De Marco was good but I didn't think it hit the heights of the Be Nothing Green Door show last November.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And Chris Cohen & 80's Matchbox cancelling was annoying but not much I could do about it. 80's Matchbox was a real shame as the group I was with, who have a diverse music taste would probably only all agree on them.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
So this great festival of New Music is soon to be upon us. Currently going through the TGE playlist on YouTube... does anyone have any recommendations for this year?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
So this great festival of New Music is soon to be upon us. Currently going through the TGE playlist on YouTube... does anyone have any recommendations for this year?

Great shout but how about a new thread so as not to confuse with last year?

Really looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here