Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he is up for grabs then grab him. If he realises his potential he is a good player with the potential to replace Greer in due course

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd welcome his return. Time is on his side and if he's available on a free I say go for it.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If he's available on a long loan then we should get him back.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unless Hall is good enough to come in and put immediate pressure on Dunk and Greer for a starting place then he'd be a waste of a signing in my opinion, we've already got young centre backs with potential it's players that are going to improve us that we need.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unless Hall is good enough to come in and put immediate pressure on Dunk and Greer for a starting place then he'd be a waste of a signing in my opinion, we've already got young centre backs with potential it's players that are going to improve us that we need.

Not sure we have anyone ready to challenge.
Neither Rae nor Ince are CB's and neither Dallison nor White are first team ready as yet. We really do need someone to both provide a challenge now and to develop as a long term option. Balancing youth and experience is tricky hence Hughes and Halford and Upsin before that. Someone like Hall may have merit

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Things like this sum up, to a degree, why we struggle to develop young English talent in this country. Lets be honest he moved for the money firstly and the playing opportunities secondly and the same could be said of a lot of youngest rattling round in the academies at these premier league clubs. To develop you need to be playing competitive football, learning your trade and if you do well then the opportunities and money follow. Makes you wonder about the kind of advice the agents/parents give these youngsters, although at that age maybe I would have chosen money as well. Difficult to say for sure but he could be similar to Dunk by now, playing regular football and on the radar of premiership clubs rather than looking at a league one loan move.

Absolutely this. I can't imagine anyone anywhere actually thought he would ever become a 1st team regular at Spurs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Things like this sum up, to a degree, why we struggle to develop young English talent in this country. Lets be honest he moved for the money firstly and the playing opportunities secondly and the same could be said of a lot of youngest rattling round in the academies at these premier league clubs. To develop you need to be playing competitive football, learning your trade and if you do well then the opportunities and money follow.
It's not always like that. Man U managed to develop plenty of young British talent and you can imagine someone like Hall thinking they will get into the first team and have an opportunity, or go out on loan before getting into the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here