[Albion] Graham Potter's Wolves Press Conference

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry, I'm not on a 'get NooBHA' mission, I promise.....:wink:

I thought he dealt with the questions well, and the questions were entirely normal (dull, and shit, but normal).

We have to disagree. I thought he should have f#cked the Journalist off . Every question concentrated on the things going wrong.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Silly question about tweaking side. Why didnt he ask Why do you play so many players out of position

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The tinkering was funny and I initially thought Potter handled it well but
1) why does Maupay need a rest?
2) why are Welbeck and Connolly on bench if injured?
3) why start 6 players that have either hardly played or not played at all when it is obvious they will tire but we can only use 3 subs not 6?
4)if Maupay can't play 2 in 3, why not play Welbeck v WH and Maupay v Arsenal?
5) as he didn't do 4, why not bring Ziqiri on?

The moaners, including me, when the team sheet came out said we would not win with that team. Yes the team played well first half but we were right, we did not win.

I am still Potter in, just, but he needs to make better decisions, as well as the players helping him out by actually putting the ball in the back of the net.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think we can all agree that if we lose tomorrow this place will be in meltdown. The only think that might stave that off is if we play well and are very unlucky and/or are victim of a rubbish VAR decision.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds a bit like you don't like stats that don't tally up with your opinion.

No I don’t like stats when they have absolutely no relevance to what I’m seeing on the pitch. Make chances, miss them, concede goals for whatever reason and I’m supposed to be impressed by what some stato thought should be happening?

I’ll leave you to peruse them and back up your opinion with what might have happened.

Are there any “blame the manager” xgs? You’d be in heaven :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly; you don't like when stats show something different from your opinion. Your eyes are the gospel. The club should hire you as a consultant.

This suggestion falls down badly. My eyes tell me we should have way more points that we do, isn’t this what the stats show?

However we don’t and I have no interest in reading how many we should have when we haven’t got them. It’s a shit stick to beat me with because I should, if your argument is to hold water, be using these stats to back up my opinion shouldn’t I?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Exactly; you don't like when stats show something different from your opinion. Your eyes are the gospel. The club should hire you as a consultant.

Do you honestly think that we all take any notice or are interested of this XG nonsense?
I’ve been watching football since the early 70s and I’ve only heard of it recently.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do you honestly think that we all take any notice or are interested of this XG nonsense?
I’ve been watching football since the early 70s and I’ve only heard of it recently.

It were all Ifs, buts and maybes when I were a lad . . . And you got called out for being a bit shit.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
This suggestion falls down badly. My eyes tell me we should have way more points that we do, isn’t this what the stats show?

However we don’t and I have no interest in reading how many we should have when we haven’t got them. It’s a shit stick to beat me with because I should, if you argument is to hold water, be using these stats to back up my opinion shouldn’t I?

You can use stats to back up your opinion, yes. In fact, this would be good practice to get into.

In this specific instance, your opinion is that we could have been out of sight at half time. This is what your eyes have told you. My eyes, watching the same game, did not see the same thing. So, to help see if what my eyes saw were correct, I looked at the stats. And the stats show that at half time, our xg was 0.55.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You can use stats to back up your opinion, yes. In fact, this would be good practice to get into.

In this specific instance, your opinion is that we could have been out of sight at half time. This is what your eyes have told you. My eyes, watching the same game, did not see the same thing. So, to help see if what my eyes saw were correct, I looked at the stats. And the stats show that at half time, our xg was 0.55.

I have no problem with what you are saying. I thought we could have been a couple of goals in front with a team roundly slagged off on here before a ball was kicked. We weren’t and we lost the game to a team that were better on the night, especially in the second half.

I give the Albion my full backing every game, I love it when we set up to win and I like Graham Potter. Most don’t these days, that’s fine but slagging the team off ( or more to the point, the manager) before we’ve even kicked off is not great to read imo

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The tinkering was funny and I initially thought Potter handled it well but
1) why does Maupay need a rest?
2) why are Welbeck and Connolly on bench if injured?
3) why start 6 players that have either hardly played or not played at all when it is obvious they will tire but we can only use 3 subs not 6?
4)if Maupay can't play 2 in 3, why not play Welbeck v WH and Maupay v Arsenal?
5) as he didn't do 4, why not bring Ziqiri on?

The moaners, including me, when the team sheet came out said we would not win with that team. Yes the team played well first half but we were right, we did not win.

I am still Potter in, just, but he needs to make better decisions, as well as the players helping him out by actually putting the ball in the back of the net.

Those are all good questions, and in all likelihood there are good answers. We can hazard a guess as to what some of them might be, but we simply don't know. It's very tempting, but I don't think we should be jumping to the conclusion that we know better than Potter, just because we don't know the real answers to those questions.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports