Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter's Wolves Press Conference

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Damn... that was a curt answer from GP when asked about “tinkering”. He didn’t like that one bit! Answered it well, showed his tough side there.

And a very nice shout from him to “fans who have been supporting him”, I wonder if that’s a slightly veiled dig at his critics [emoji120]

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
What I’m saying is that I trust our manager. The pathetic and abusive posts when the team was announced were an embarrassment to me. We did enough in the first half to be winning the game, from all the comments pre match Potter had thrown the game as fans toys through out the pram.

There were a raft of posts about how we’d “thrown the game” before a ball was kicked. What a crock of shite

Is that clearer?

Yet all those posts were right that our front line was not good enough and that Propper was not effective on the right wing. And we played no striker and didn't score. That's called criticism not abuse. It is also shown to be right for that game.

There's a difference between blind faith and critical thinking, you seem to have the first but lack the second.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Rougly this:

- Journalist asking about the injury situation, saying "you already ruled out Tariq Lamptey". GP says Lallana is a little bit of a doubt, same with Danny Welbeck. Looking a bit better for Aaron Connolly.

- Same guy then asks if a win against Wolves would be the perfect start to the new year. Potter says yes! (you ****ing moron) and that he doesnt need to elaborate too much on that question. He clearly found the question funny though.

- Bla bla is covid a concern? Bla bla covid is a concern to everyone.

- Window is opening. Journo asks about the plans for Moder, Potter says he will join in the next few days and that they are going to assess him. Journo also asks about Tau and Potter says the plan is that he will be returning but that they need to solve the work permit thing but that he is optimistic about it (Its just paperwork but Id look dumb if I was wrong so lets keep it at that).

- Potter goes on to say that the squad got a lot of players, 28 (too many), and that they will see if they can move around (sell) some of them.

- Journo asks about New Years resolution, GP says that he wants to improve (and I know how ****ing angry some get from hearing that phrase mohahahah).

- Journo asks what he could have done better in 2020, GP says "quite a lot" but that improvement comes through making mistakes and make brave decisions. Speaks about 2020 and that on a personal level he lost his father, world went into covid... and that he finished the season with the most points in the clubs PL history (dont forget that you moaning little *****). "Performances have improved, problem we got is that the results havent matched the performances".

- Journo asks "in recent weeks, in terms of team selections, have you tinkered too much?", Potter looks like he is going to blow up and asks, in an annoyed manner, "You would have to define tinker for me".

The journalist, now afraid and wetting his bed, says pretty much the same thing, and when GP asks for examples he goes on to mention Ben White playing right back and Ali J starting up front. Potter says "tinkering" is a (condescending) phrase out there, a media phrase. He says he would like to play Tariq Lamptey, "but obviously he is injured and you have to find another solution" (you dumb son a bitch Lenny Rider riding muppet of a fraud) and explains why BW started against West Ham.

He then says he would like to play Danny Welbeck but that they had two games in three days and he has a history of injury, so it wouldnt be sensible to start him. Connolly wasnt fully fit and while he could have played Maupster, he too had played against Wham. Says they didnt rest as many players last season and that it resulted in fatigue.

GP then goes into more about the "tinkering" myth saying that theyve pretty much kept the same back three, kept March and Lamptey on the wing backs, kept Bissouma - and that March and Bissouma played the best they probably ever played.

- The journo asks if they have tried anything to change the home results like training at the Amex. Potter says the groundsmen wouldnt be too happy if they trained at the Amex (they already hate us, have you seen how they use the sprinklers before every ****ing game WHAT UP WITH THAT DING DONG DING DONG). Says it not a nice a nice statistic and that there is no defense to it - "we dont like it at all" (its ****ing annoying), also says though that theyve drawn a lot of games that we should have won. But no, its not good enough and it must improve.

- Says bla bla about Wolves

- After a lot of bla bla about nothing, someone asks GP if its the most challenging period of his manager career. GP says "yeah I would say that it is" and then goes on to elaborate on it.

- Finally someone asks "do you have a message for the fans for 2021?" and GP says, and I quote in full:
"I would personally say thank you to the ones who has supported me, there is quite a few out there who has supported me through a difficult year. Ive bumped into a lot of supporters and they talk about, like, they can understand where were going and they understand whats happening and they want us to do well, you can sense that. And you know, I also want to promise them that we will be fighting every day to keep improving the team. Supporters have been great to me, you know, fantastic, so - like I said, its been a difficult year. But I understand that not everyone is happy and you are not ever really going to get in a situation when thats the case. But the majority has been amazing and I would like to thank them for that."

Thanks Swanny - it takes time to do this, I appreciate it :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yet all those posts were right that our front line was not good enough and that Propper was not effective on the right wing. And we played no striker and didn't score. That's called criticism not abuse. It is also shown to be right for that game.

There's a difference between blind faith and critical thinking, you seem to have the first but lack the second.

I suggest you re read the posts after the team was announced.

I don’t have blind faith but I do have faith. You don’t, your prerogative and so far our owner seems to have faith too

Are you suggesting that you have a better and clearer view than me? It seems so. Don’t you do people disagreeing with you? Nice attempted but stupid putdown in your last sentence

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not listened but you’d be amazed at how many long term fans don’t “get” squad rotation when playing 3 games in 8 days

I fully get squad rotation Just dont get that our 2 wide players are defenders and have a wide player playing central striker. To me it would have made sense if Bernardo played full back,Ali played wide and if all our strikers were injured he played the Swiss guy

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
I suggest you re read the posts after the team was announced.

I don’t have blind faith but I do have faith. You don’t, your prerogative and so far our owner seems to have faith too

Are you suggesting that you have a better and clearer view than me? It seems so. Don’t you do people disagreeing with you? Nice attempted but stupid putdown in your last sentence

I'm more than happy for people to disagree with me but when they argue in bad faith then I have no time for them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You’d do well to listen to the interview. Welbeck had a knock. Maupay gets fatigued easily. Connelly not fit. What’s he supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What were Welbeck and Connelly doing on bench if injured. Where was Swiss guy. Rubbish if he said Maupay gets fatigued easily. Hes 26/27 trains every day. Should have plkayed first 45mins at least

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rougly this:<snip>
- After a lot of bla bla about nothing, someone asks GP if its the most challenging period of his manager career. GP says "yeah I would say that it is" and then goes on to elaborate on it.

- Finally someone asks "do you have a message for the fans for 2021?" and GP says, and I quote in full:
"I would personally say thank you to the ones who has supported me, there is quite a few out there who has supported me through a difficult year. Ive bumped into a lot of supporters and they talk about, like, they can understand where were going and they understand whats happening and they want us to do well, you can sense that. And you know, I also want to promise them that we will be fighting every day to keep improving the team. Supporters have been great to me, you know, fantastic, so - like I said, its been a difficult year. But I understand that not everyone is happy and you are not ever really going to get in a situation when thats the case. But the majority has been amazing and I would like to thank them for that."

Many thanks for that. I listened to the whole thing and that's a very good (and funny) summary. He looked a million miles away from a sweaty handed imposter. As [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] has posted elsewhere, the muppets who lost their shit when they saw the teamsheet for the last game should be ashamed of themselves.

Happy New Year. Here's some light music. Not from Sweden, but close. I'll wait for The Albion till the end of the world! And a chance to laugh at some soppy Norwegians (one of my favourite acts, of course)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAcPzHAfEfk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You’d do well to listen to the interview. Welbeck had a knock. Maupay gets fatigued easily. Connelly not fit. What’s he supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you believe that? Maupay played twice a week in the championship and now he gets tired ffs. Why can’t he just say the Arsenal game was all on me I messed up :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Let’s see how Leeds do against Spurs at lunchtime Saturday. I think they’ll get smashed.

Even if that happens they’ll have had 6 points from 3 games and a positive goal difference and we’ll have got 1 point from 3 games with a negative goal difference. No way we’re beating Wolves despite any ‘tinkering’.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And you believe that? Maupay played twice a week in the championship and now he gets tired ffs. Why can’t he just say the Arsenal game was all on me I messed up :shrug:

They rarely played 2 games in 3 days in the Championship.

Everyone except you and a handful of other idiots realise that GP was resting players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Potter may be a fool (jury is apparently out) but I have no reason to consider him a liar.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We could have been out of sight at half time so blame it on shit finishing imo. The A team subs, when they came on also did **** all

Out of sight my arse. What game were you watching? Two shit shots from Macallister from outside the area and a shit one from Jahanbaksh from inside the area. Two players our passive aggressive manager picked to play up front. Subs made too late.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you have two fit strikers you are happy to play, does it make sense to play both in one game and neither in the next? Or better to play one in either? Then play Maupay both and leave him out against Wolves. This is when it counts, especially when you don't beat West Ham and NEED goals.

That's essentially what it comes down to. He looked for a result against West Ham and basically just ignored the Arsenal game. Short sighted approach to management and it's simply basic mistakes.

Also, Leeds managed it perfectly well...

And yet Moyes an experienced PL manager was criticised for leaving players on the bench and saving them for the Saints game......hmmm

Allardyce as I understand it played virtually the same side against Leeds as he did the preceding match....that went well

Slight edit Allardyce played the entire starting eleven from the previous game

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here