Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graham Potter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“We're performing better in nearly every single metric since GP took over, and there is a school of thought that sees the 'result' as more than the final scoreline. “

This is the crux of it for me, and I suspect, for Tony as well. We can see huge potential under GP and the positive changes he’s brought to the club. To overlook all of that, in favour of just checking the short term results, seems a bit.. short sighted.

Now that’s not to say things are locked in. If we went down there would naturally be an inquest. And if hypothetically, our results don’t improve over the next few years there may also be one. But it’s still only our second season under GP and for me, and I suspect the club and most of our fans we’re loving what we’re seeing and excited to see how far this young talented squad can go under Potter.

This.

"However, we failed to singe a Top Striker in February or March. OR March. That's rubbish. Potter is absolutely the worst manager ever. And I never said worst. Fact."

(<sigh>. I have the tedious c.h.a.p.2 on ignore now. And...exhale. :shrug:)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Just part of being a football fan innit. I love Maupay but I can’t lie, I’ve sworn at him watching games on tv this season as he spurns another chance.

I think I've cussed ever single one of them at some stage in the season - possibly not Lamptey - no I tell a lie I got very upset at his ongoing injury problems and now I am just resigned to him never playing for us again. :tantrum:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think what I said is quite clear, I can’t help you if you’re confused.

'We can see huge potential under GP and the positive changes he’s brought to the club. To overlook all of that, in favour of just checking the short term results, seems a bit.. short sighted.'

Crystal clear. You're saying that people who look at the results are short sighted yet people who look at the short term positive changes are not.

Which is counter intuitive.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
as someone else has posted, orses for courses.

i'm merely highlighting the futility of your question. hughts' philosophy was play for a draw and try to nick one, (even in the champ), and potter tries to win.
they therefore pick players to suit, ie hughton would never start tross

He started Knocky, Izzy and Gross together regularly, so I am pretty sure that he would have played Trossard too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Results haven’t improved under the Potter regime and he’s had two seasons of zero fan pressure, before the first lockdown you be lying if you weren’t worried going into the Arsenal at home game we looked utter dog shite and Potter had blown his own philosophy out the window by dragging Murray back into the squad with a spot of good old long ball, Oh well always next season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Results haven’t improved under the Potter regime and he’s had two seasons of zero fan pressure, before the first lockdown you be lying if you weren’t worried going into the Arsenal at home game we looked utter dog shite and Potter had blown his own philosophy out the window by dragging Murray back into the squad with a spot of good old long ball, Oh well always next season.

A huge positive (respect to both CH and GP over the 4 seasons), is that the oh well, always next season, is likely to be in the EPL. £105m of broadcasting income a season, making TB’s dream more viable, enabling the signings of the likes of Lallana, Veltman and Lamptey.

A far better base, than being (hopefully) SheffU, WBA and Fulham next season.

Something to build on for 2021/22.

Hopefully next time earning more wins and a consistently higher league position.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
'We can see huge potential under GP and the positive changes he’s brought to the club. To overlook all of that, in favour of just checking the short term results, seems a bit.. short sighted.'

Crystal clear. You're saying that people who look at the results are short sighted yet people who look at the short term positive changes are not.

Which is counter intuitive.

Yes. Because you’re only judging on short term results. Hence, short term thinking.

Thankfully we are blessed with an owner who thinks long term, if he had your mindset we’d have sacked Potter in December.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I saw us beat WBA and Palace 3-1, I recall us beating Palace away as well.....

I don’t recall us being dominated either......

History rewrite again where CH is concerned

I was at the West Brom away. 2-0 down at half-time. Devoid of ideas. That followed on from a lovely trip to Huddersfield. Two down after about 15 minutes, and nothing thereafter. We didn't win in the home tie either.
I'm far more about direction of travel, rather than purely results. We're now on an upward trajectory, and have such an exciting future. We had that under CH for 3.5 years. Not in his last season. That points total at half-way in the 18/19 season obscured the downward slide. Delightfully, I missed the Bournemouth and Cardiff home games in that season. How did we get on in the away games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here