Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter will go to Man United

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Two unemployed people meet and talk - bit hard to stop that happening. They're former colleagues - perhaps they're just reminiscing about the good old days!

Legally Dan Ashworth is not unemployed, he is still a Newcastle employee. That will remain until either his gardening leave reaches its natural end or Man Utd pay the release clause/fee. Any work or discussion of work relating to his upcoming role at Man Utd is a breach of contract and I'm sure Newcastle's legal eagles will be watching, so they need to be a lot more discreet if the f***ing Sun know about them meeting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As he's turned down Ajax for the 2nd time (allegedly) then surely he's expecting the big 1 at United.
In addition if Manure are basically giving him a new team, he can clear out the ego problems like he did here (Knocky etc) and build a team of his type of players with Ashworth again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
In addition if Manure are basically giving him a new team, he can clear out the ego problems like he did here (Knocky etc) and build a team of his type of players with Ashworth again.
I do think this will happen. But he showed here and at Chelsea that he needs time. Can't see him getting that at United unless they are knocking around 4th spot minimum, he'll just turn into a laughing stock again like he did at Chelsea

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
He will succeed at Man U. Chelsea were a shambles of a club. Once he left players such as Sterling on the bench he was finished there, he’d have lost the dressing room early doors. He’ll go to Man U, weed out the bad eggs and together with Ashworth and Radcliffe I believe he WILL turn that club around.

It didn’t take him too long with us as I recall, I think it was Watford on the first game of the season and ill never forget the triangles and possession that was COMPLETELY different from what we’d been used to under Hughton.

He will succeed at Man U. Chelsea were a shambles of a club. Once he left players such as Sterling on the bench he was finished there, he’d have lost the dressing room early doors. He’ll go to Man U, weed out the bad eggs and together with Ashworth and Radcliffe I believe he WILL turn that club around.

It didn’t take him too long with us as I recall, I think it was Watford on the first game of the season and ill never forget the triangles and possession that was COMPLETELY different from what we’d been used to under Hughton.
Agree. He'll get more time than at Chelsea and ask you say, with Ash and Raddy at the helm they know it's not a quick fix there. It'll be a project Graham will be itching to get stuck into.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I do think this will happen. But he showed here and at Chelsea that he needs time. Can't see him getting that at United unless they are knocking around 4th spot minimum, he'll just turn into a laughing stock again like he did at Chelsea
Ratcliffe is too busy sweeping the IT dept to bother with the football so he might well get the time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sterling? - the player Chelsea appear to be trying to offload this summer?
I don't think losing the dressing room was the problem - it was not clearing out the dressing room, which of course, unlike Pochetino, he wasn't given time to do. My guess is that if he were still at Chelsea, they'd be in about the same place as there are now under Poch.

Sterling? - the player Chelsea appear to be trying to offload this summer?
I don't think losing the dressing room was the problem - it was not clearing out the dressing room, which of course, unlike Pochetino, he wasn't given time to do. My guess is that if he were still at Chelsea, they'd be in about the same place as there are now under Poch.
Chelsea unfortunately, look good now! They will be around top 4 next season for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here