Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter will go to Man United

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Strongly suspect he’ll be the next manager there.
Long term project, uses same vocabulary as Brailsford in setting goals and understanding people. He’s also shapeable and containable by the new part ownership.

Just a case of when for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How are their fans/the media any more patient than Chelsea's?

Surely it'll be exactly the same. We KNOW his methods take years to bed in.

This just screams Chelsea Mark II to me.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Be interesting to watch if it happens, keeping the fans on side will be key.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Man Utd don't sack managers as frequently as Chelsea. Otherwise, Ten Hag would have been fired along time ago. Potter might be given more time there than he got at Chelsea. Chelsea are in a league of their own when it comes to firing managers.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Surely it'll be exactly the same. We KNOW his methods take years to bed in.

This just screams Chelsea Mark II to me.
They are renewing trash players contracts, they have learnt nothing.

He will be mad to go there

Sacking ETH doesn't solve anything really.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
When the Man U fans get frustrated he can always tell them they need a history lesson.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It will be what it will be :shrug: However, his next role in management could be career-defining.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It will be what it will be :shrug: However, his next role in management could be career-defining.
I personally think he will look back and think he should never have left Brighton as it will never be as good for him again.

Fan base pretty much loved him
Backed by an owner fully
Recruitment on point.

Mopo is seeing this now with Spurs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm surprised somebody hasn't already started a thread about this TBH

Oh, wait...

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Manchester United absolutely do sack managers, just not quite as quickly as Chelsea.

Regardless, I absolutely do not see Manchester United fans politely applauding the two years of “one step forward, one step back” confusion before he starts to get his message across and performances start consistently going the right way.

Unless of course he’s learnt from his Chelsea experience.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I think no matter what move he makes it will be career defining. He's sorted for life thanks to his stint at Chelsea. The best move he can make is to sign with as high profile a club as possible - so United is the perfect fit.

I've though this was nailed on since the summer to be honest and a matter of when, not if. I could be wrong of course. The one glaring issue that doesn't sit right with me is Old Trafford. It's a bloody corrugated morgue and Potter seems to love a new build. This could just be a coincidence.

If he went to Utd I would love to see him do well. I like Potter. I f***ing hate Chelsea. It's a big, big shame he did that. Very dirty move. But what's the point in him going to Utd and failing? No one wins here. I'd love to see why we rated him so highly working out at Utd. I honestly think with more time at Chelsea he would have done well. Not forgetting he was sacked while in the UCL knockouts.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Said it before, but I reckon Newcastle is his next stop. Howe has a lot of credit in the bank, but they are struggling at the moment and if they lose to Sunderland tomorrow and then lose their next two to Man City and Villa, he will be in trouble. I would have thought Ashworth would be all over Potter if that were to happen.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My main interest if he takes over at Manchester United is....

What new look will he go for ?

1: Clean Shaven tracksuit manager
swansea.jpg

2: Clean Shaven tracksuit manager with a bit aggro about him
black eye 111.jpg

3: Beardy homeless manager with a monotone voice and attitude.
brighton-manager-graham-potter-pictured-before-premier-league-match-november-2021.jpg

4: Sharp suited, rich yuppy turtle necked tw@t of a manager.
graham-potter-manager-chelsea-looks-765949915.jpg

Which will it be ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here