Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But he isn't a "fan of the club". He only arrived here because of his idolisation of Potter which is a bit odd in itself. Its akin to when Wardy left for Forest me slinging it in with the Albion and getting a Nottingham Forest season ticket!

And "double standards" on an internet message board? Well I never. Blow me down. I'm shocked :lolol:

Reckon he'll stick around here for a while because he'll be loving the little ego-stroke validation that he's highly unlikely to get anywhere else

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But he isn't a "fan of the club". He only arrived here because of his idolisation of Potter which is a bit odd in itself. Its akin to when Wardy left for Forest me slinging it in with the Albion and getting a Nottingham Forest season ticket!

And "double standards" on an internet message board? Well I never. Blow me down. I'm shocked :lolol:

There are people on these boards who aren't even notionally fans of club. What does it matter how or why someone is a fan. So you're happy with double standards, but can't handle a person being a fan for a weird reason.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I concur.
It's just bullying.
We've all got to get past this and move on.
It was inevitable GP was going to bigger things, and taking it out on one individual is crass.

Of course it was inevitabe at some point. No problems with that, sooner or later it was going to happen. in Well under 48 hours? And there was no secret tapping up/plotting?

longstanding GK coach and former club captain, both given fantastic opportunities here, one of whom claimed "once a seagull", both found out only as GP did and they've all just consulted families and walked out in under 2 days leaving virtually nobody including the young Spainish players.

Thats zero duty of care..... at no point, as the ker ching, £ signs are flashing before their eyes did one stop (and heres looking especially at Bruno) say how about I join you, but I'll ask the club first if they want me to wait on a few weeks/month until a new team is found, so as not to leave the club and any players with nothing at all, very instantly?

Obviously not. They f*cked Tony and the club over at the first opportunirty, without zero consideration for the mess they would levae behind. Gutted the lot for personal gain, It couldve been more orderly, with a touch of respect or duty of care. For all the bull$hit talk, Boehlys billions shone the light on real integrity.

It was savage by Bruno. This was a pre planned coup of our entire set up and f*** the consequences, we're rich.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I obviously concur.

Talking football with him, it's emotionless, it's like conducting a conversation about a subject you have a passion for with an algorithm... the fact that he often calls out passion as entitlement, well, that tells you all you need to know. He can't grasp how it feels to be passionate about the club, and why that oft clouds perception and judgement... much akin to love.

And if you disagree with his rhetoric, well, his fuse is, how you say: short.

I still fail to understand how you can be a fan of just one man in football, one man it turns out - very much like any other: flawed and fallible.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But joining a fans forum because you have the hots for a certain manager is just weird to me.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
…. or back to us. I can’t dislike Bruno today. Potter secretly promised him the world AKA $$$$$$.

As you can possibly tell mate, I'm most peed off with Bruno. We gave him the opportunity, he was a long standing club captain, he had a vital role in the club especially with so many young Spanish speakers and whilst its always fine for anyone to leave at some point, to simply abandon ship in under 48 hours, knowing it leaves nothing left at the club who gave you years, unrivalled support and a big oportunity to coach, really feels like a betrayal of sorts. I expected more of Bruno specifically, not to stay if he wanted to go, but not to just jump within 2 days leaving nothing behind.

A managed departure would have given Bloom and the club time to replace, some small thread of continuity for players until new team can be found, just a few weeks for all those years, and the respect that both Bloom and the club deserves and us fans too.

But no, nothing....... It is disespectful mercenary behaviour.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tho not nearly as weird as the video. That's genuinely disturbing. Graham Potter something something horses? :mad:

Oh dear…. Turned it off but is it addressed to Albion fans ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, I hope Swannee stays. Adds a something different and I often agree with him, especially about the Connolly bullying that was rife before the lad headed to Venice. Plus he has already agreed he can switch allegiance on NSC to the Norwegian if appointed, so all good.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
People should lay off Swanny. He knows his stuff and for whatever reason has clearly invested a lot of time and energy into our club. We are all hurting, taking it out on a stranger on the internet is crass and unfair.

I agree lay of Swanny and lets all start on solid at the back

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People should lay off Swanny. He knows his stuff and for whatever reason has clearly invested a lot of time and energy into our club. We are all hurting, taking it out on a stranger on the internet is crass and unfair.

He'll be perfectly happy all the while strangers on the internet are talking about him. He's finally found his perfect gig :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really struggle to understand the laying into of Swansman. I remember feeling the same when Ben's Grandad (RIP) was a victim of it. When we had the thumbs down on here I think I remember him getting over 100 on one post, yet he became a much loved member of NSC.

This is a weird place, sometimes very caring sometimes really nasty

I find Swansman's posts worth reading as I did Ben's Grandads. I may not agree with them but they are nearly always worth clicking on

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont ya'll have something better to do?

Sometimes it feels like if the Queen of England had died, you'd still be talking about me :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As you can possibly tell mate, I'm most peed off with Bruno. We gave him the opportunity, he was a long standing club captain, he had a vital role in the club especially with so many young Spanish speakers and whilst its always fine for anyone to leave at some point, to simply abandon ship in under 48 hours, knowing it leaves nothing left at the club who gave you years, unrivalled support and a big oportunity to coach, really feels like a betrayal of sorts. I expected more of Bruno specifically, not to stay if he wanted to go, but not to just jump within 2 days leaving nothing behind.

A managed departure would have given Bloom and the club time to replace, some small thread of continuity for players until new team can be found, just a few weeks for all those years, and the respect that both Bloom and the club deserves and us fans too.

But no, nothing....... It is disespectful mercenary behaviour.

I woke up thinking the same … the stages of grief?

I can’t dislike him just now …. Boehly/Potter surreptitiously promised him god knows what …. a promotion, 5x bigger salary, CL/EPL winners medals by the bucketload.

To me that doesn’t undo the good he did us as a player and coach.

The length of time he was with us, he may well have turned down other offers as a player and coach, I don’t think he’s a disloyal person.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Must admit, I hope Swannee stays. Adds a something different and I often agree with him, especially about the Connolly bullying that was rife before the lad headed to Venice. Plus he has already agreed he can switch allegiance on NSC to the Norwegian if appointed, so all good.

FFS

Connolly was not bullied

What a stupid statement. He was just not good enough

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Off you pop. This is your new home

https://www.theshedend.com/

You follow a manager. He's gone. So can you. You will never understand this club and every post you've made in the last hour or so proves it.

He would certainly have a lot of idiots to put right on there! Latest news is that Brighton don't score enough goals because of Potter's defensive football - defending, and hoping to hit teams on the break! Oh, and he's got no experience of playing against a low block, because teams don't play that way against the likes of Brighton.......... Go on Swanny - fill yer boots!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He would certainly have a lot of idiots to put right on there! Latest news is that Brighton don't score enough goals because of Potter's defensive football - defending, and hoping to hit teams on the break! Oh, and he's got no experience of playing against a low block, because teams don't play that way against the likes of Brighton.......... Go on Swanny - fill yer boots!

In hindsight my post to a [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was a bit harsh but the notion that because some bells booed at Leeds, Potter was off was doing my nut in. That Shed forum is full of absolute nutcases. Good luck with that Mr Potter.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I woke up thinking the same … the stages of grief?

I can’t dislike him just now …. Boehly/Potter surreptitiously promised him god knows what …. a promotion, 5x bigger salary, CL/EPL winners medals by the bucketload.

To me that doesn’t undo the good he did us as a player and coach.

The length of time he was with us, he may well have turned down other offers as a player and coach, I don’t think he’s a disloyal person.

No not stages of grief, its done.... Wont change opinion on Bruno, whatever he was promised moving forward is not the issue, he's entitled to pursue that.

Its what he abandoned from his past that gave him so much, that had put trust in him, knowing to do it instantly would leave the club, the chairman and a lot of young Spainsh kids in a bad place.

We all know there is no loyalty in football, I do think he's a disloyal person from actions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In hindsight my post to a [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was a bit harsh but the notion that because some bells booed at Leeds, Potter was off was doing my nut in. That Shed forum is full of absolute nutcases. Good luck with that Mr Potter.
How did you make 'Swansman' into a link? When I put the @ sign in front of a user name, nothing happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here