[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
People who came with him ok but think it is well out of order to take people that were here before he came.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Of course you'll be booing.

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

Maybe it is one of the reasons people seem so eager to leave.

Have you ever been to a football game? Teams/Managers get booed all the time.
In our case it was a very small minority that booed in the middle of a spell where we only won 1 game at home from September until May.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You are so tiresome. No-one 'booed' the team after Leeds. It was an expession of frustration at the result, not aimed at Potter or the team.

So you're saying that the booing was directed at no-one and merely a physical reaction connected to the frustration?

Funny, sometimes when I'm frustrated I sigh or similar but I've never let out a 'boo' directed at no-one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I reckon he'll be moving out of the Brighton area after this. Be a wise move.

Why ?

I suppose I should know. What your saying is that there are too many people who are so ignorant and immature that they might give him and his family grief.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So you're saying that the booing was directed at no-one and merely a physical reaction connected to the frustration?

Funny, sometimes when I'm frustrated I sigh or similar but I've never let out a 'boo' directed at no-one.

Off you pop. This is your new home

https://www.theshedend.com/

You follow a manager. He's gone. So can you. You will never understand this club and every post you've made in the last hour or so proves it.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

One thing is certain. If he has any runs of poor form with Chelsea like he did with us, he might have a lot more to worry about than a few boos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

reminded that you dont really have any investment here, and dont understand. :bigwave:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ruthless indeed. I expected him to take the people he brought in with him, but Bruno and Roberts? Jeez. It's like your girlfriend dumping you and then coming back to burgle your house.

Are there any Bruno murals left in Brighton? (I do believe that amateurish one in Ditchling Road has been painted over).

EDIT: It MUST have been discussed long before Tuchel was sacked. I can't believe Bruno and Roberts just turned their backs on the club at the drop of a hat. Or maybe I don't want to believe it.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I guess that ruthlessness is how he has been so successful. It would be naive to leave a blueprint behind for a successor or leave anyone behind.

It’s sore now but ultimately I’m sure we are all very appreciative of everything the staff have done. Sad it finished so abruptly BUT it was a matter of time. It’s done now.The exodus will be complete after the WC in Jan, too. Expect most of his 11 to be raided from the club.

Survival in PL has to be the aim. Anything else a plus.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Yes exactly that. I think I let out a light-hearted 'booo' at the end - not aimed at the team but just that we hadn't managed to win the game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What a difference a few days, and a few £m, makes.

Screenshot_20220908-164943~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports