Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter - post match last night...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me the comments re him looking in a daze during the match are pretty worrying... stressed off his tits? Drifting into depression? Thinking about counting his money and his financial security?

Hmmmmmm.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just watched the interview for the first time, and judging by the comments on here I was expecting him to be more stressed and negative than he was.

It seems to me that he feels he can't rely on any of the strikers we have at the club. There is clearly an issue with Maupay and if a deal can be done to ship him out and bring someone else in then that needs to be pursued.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
However Trossard looked like he’d been on a long razzle

Where do people get off making comments like this? How would you like it if people made ignorant comments about your son or daughter's face? It's genetics. Are people really this stupid? Leave the boy alone.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I just watched the interview for the first time, and judging by the comments on here I was expecting him to be more stressed and negative than he was.

It seems to me that he feels he can't rely on any of the strikers we have at the club. There is clearly an issue with Maupay and if a deal can be done to ship him out and bring someone else in then that needs to be pursued.

Fair enough, we all see things differently ... I think I was expecting positive Graham, I didn’t personally see that last night... agitated and fragile is what I saw, and I was surprised by it.

And, yes, a bit concerned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For me the comments re him looking in a daze during the match are pretty worrying... stressed off his tits? Drifting into depression? Thinking about counting his money and his financial security?

Hmmmmmm.

Like I said, you are a complete asshole and not very good at hiding it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Welbeck being utter gash to probably won’t help. We’ve signed you another striker Graham unfortunately he freezes in front of goal, misses at least one sitter a game but apart from that....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where do people get off making comments like this? How would you like it if people made ignorant comments about your son or daughter's face? It's genetics. Are people really this stupid? Leave the boy alone.

They have and they do, they also say things about how I look. We laugh about it

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Maybe the interview he gave to "the Sun" published last weekend has come back to haunt him.

A big Albion fan I know in Seaford says he should show more emotion, like Sean Dyche.Or like Big Sam will for WBA...it strikes me Potter ain't that kind of manager though, which was why he was so successful in Sweden, whereas "firebrands" like Uwe Roesler weren't...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Welbeck being utter gash to probably won’t help. We’ve signed you another striker Graham unfortunately he freezes in front of goal, misses at least one sitter a game but apart from that....

That's OK as Graham was happy with the squad and the options he had. He went on record saying so at the start of the season.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Thousands losing loved ones due to Covid, Hospital workers being run ragged with huge personal risks and Loads in retail and hospitality have been fired and cant buy food or pay the rent, and poor old Potter is on what 20-30k per week with 5 years still to run, how awful.

Must be really tough.

£20-30k per week???

Most managers will at least match the top earner at the club and whilst he may be an exception, due to the length of his contract and a reasonably low profile appointment, I’d be shocked if he was on under £50k per week.

Probably nearer £60-70k pw.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Like I said, you are a complete asshole and not very good at hiding it.

I’m not so sure, in a thread like this - resorting to base (and baseless) name calling is entirely a proud moment for you - is it?

It’s arse-hole btw.

Step away from the pc and calm down. I say again, I have no agenda. Re-read my op, where I state I am/was wrong to castigate GP.

Why do I feel like I’ve made the list nailed to your mothers basement wall?

I will say no more to you.

Take care

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's OK as Graham was happy with the squad and the options he had. He went on record saying so at the start of the season.
Some on here also thought we had a good window :facepalm: two quality players required for two positions not one came in :shrug: I would of had more respect if had ranted about the lack of signings and how the season is going to be tougher now.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
When we had crowds, I don't remember a single Chris Hughton's Blue and White Army chant, neither for Potter. In my opinion, I don't think the fans have truly connected to a boss - or shown their vocal support - since Poyet. I have no idea why that is, just an observation and opinion.

Potter, like Hyypia, isn't exactly one to fire the crowd with their charisma and passion.

I remember hearing/singing Chris Houghton's blue and white army loads of times almost everygame for quite a while.
Graham potters blue and white army I've heard/sung at least 5 times before lockdown and was loud and clear on the radio during the Southampton game at the amex the other week.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
£20-30k per week???

Most managers will at least match the top earner at the club and whilst he may be an exception, due to the length of his contract and a reasonably low profile appointment, I’d be shocked if he was on under £50k per week.

Probably nearer £60-70k pw.

The other fella was about right, managers usually on much less than the players. Command smaller "transfer fees" as well. Strange really

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thousands losing loved ones due to Covid, Hospital workers being run ragged with huge personal risks and Loads in retail and hospitality have been fired and cant buy food or pay the rent, and poor old Potter is on what 20-30k per week with 5 years still to run, how awful.

Must be really tough.

Don't be ridiculous. You can feel stressed in your job, even if someone or many others in worse conditions.

I wonder if those hospital workers are worrying about those living in famine in Africa or similar?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The other fella was about right, managers usually on much less than the players. Command smaller "transfer fees" as well. Strange really

Each case will be different, but I’d be very surprised if Big Sam was on any less than the top WBA earner.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

It very much seems that way. It will be very interesting to see if Maupay makes it back into the matchday 18 or starting line up on Sunday given the size of the match and the absolute stinker that Wellbeck just had. If not, then he's gone for sure Probably an overhaul of our striking options needed anyway.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m not so sure, in a thread like this - resorting to base (and baseless) name calling is entirely a proud moment for you - is it?

It’s arse-hole btw.

Step away from the pc and calm down. I say again, I have no agenda. Re-read my op, where I state I am/was wrong to castigate GP.

Why do I feel like I’ve made the list nailed to your mothers basement wall?

I will say no more to you.

Take care

"Drifting into depression? Thinking about counting his money and his financial security?" is some very obvious and extremely distasteful mockery. What sensible ****ing human being makes speculates about the mental health of someone they've had no interaction with to then add in the next sentence "or maybe thinking about counting his money?". Sickening and making it very obvious that I was right when I called you out on your purpose of starting this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here