Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter - post match last night...

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, good man.
He and the club need our full support.
He IS the man to take us to the next level.
Glad we’re not in tier 3.
Anyone lucky enough to get tickets would should sing loud and proud for him.
And stop the f*cking negativity!!!
UTA

Great but last night the camera switch to him during the game and he was in a daze
Not sure he is the man personally

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thousands losing loved ones due to Covid, Hospital workers being run ragged with huge personal risks and Loads in retail and hospitality have been fired and cant buy food or pay the rent, and poor old Potter is on what 20-30k per week with 5 years still to run, how awful.

Must be really tough.

What you earn does not change the stress you feel. Why wouldn’t it be tough?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As a ST holder in the North I remember a few occasions. Hell of a lot more grumbling about us being negative though. Especially towards the end.

What about Graham Potter chants? Maybe I need my ears syringed

I'm on the North west side, it may be more from the NSK?
But it seemed to be a fairly regular chant to me,.....up until the last half dozen home games, possibly.

Pretty sure it's happened for Potter too more so after the game, when he walks towards the stand.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Guessing the news of Bilic’s sacking has got him nervous.

No chance! Potter knows he's not get fired this season. Bloom wasn't going to fire Hyypia, so there's no chance Potter is getting the boot unless he's doing something seriously out of order behind the scenes (which I firmly doubt).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Thousands losing loved ones due to Covid, Hospital workers being run ragged with huge personal risks and Loads in retail and hospitality have been fired and cant buy food or pay the rent, and poor old Potter is on what 20-30k per week with 5 years still to run, how awful.

Must be really tough.

Is he supposed to not give a shit because he’s paid well? Yes his results can be questioned but it sounds like you don’t care about his well-being because of it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Must be really tough.

Steady on mate there's no need to go overboard, Potter ain't old. :ohmy: :xmas:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What you earn does not change the stress you feel. Why wouldn’t it be tough?

Of course its not, its not life and death, he isnt going to go without food or be made homeless, that is real stress. Whats the worst that can happen?, he leaves a job as a millionaire in the entertainment industry and gets another one?

context....... Maybe he is stressed about performance, but its hardly the same as what many thousands of people are facing right now. Potter with a masters in emotional intelligence, and big bank account will ensure he and his family will be just fine whatever happens at the Albion on a football pitch.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Maybe it’s not the results but the dressing room.

Ryan, Maups and £50m man not starting yesterday. There is obviously grumbling bts and a mounting pressure to please certain parties. Regardless of tactics, now is a real test of his man mgmt.

Still no sign of Zichiri either.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I watched his post match bbc interview and it dawned on me, how much pressure he is under... he looked really worn, not great, shakey, agitated and seriously under high stress. In all honesty I felt a bit worried - and (yep) sorry for blaming him for our failings... on occasion.

He’s trying his utmost and i can only imagine what he went through when our deserved goal was cancelled out...

Anyway, I’m getting right behind him from now on as he’s just a bloke trying his best, and from what I saw re his body language he’s finding it bloody tough right now... I’m no expert, but anyone could see it last night... he looked close to snapping.

Yes - that’s what he’s paid for etc. but he deserves less pressure from us for a start - the players need to work bloody hard - not always the case, see Leo et al.

Time to back him, especially throughout Sunday.

Keep going Graham.

Not fooling me. For months you've been pushing the narrative that Potter is some scared weakling while Tony Bloom is too proud to sack him. This is essentially more of the same shit, disguised as something else. The modus operandi of a gossiping teenage girl in the highschool cafeteria.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Is he supposed to not give a shit because he’s paid well? Yes his results can be questioned but it sounds like you don’t care about his well-being because of it.

If the job is making the guy ill and he can't handle the pressure then maybe just maybe the job ain't for him and he should seek alternative employment,

this guy has been gifted a top job, his pedigree is under scrutiny, he needs to turn things around sooner rather than later for his own mental welfare.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

thats upside down, it has nothing to do with caring about his wellbeing!, its the context being made of how awful it is for him, how stressed he must be/looks, when others are really suffering,watching loved ones die or not knowing where the next meal comes from, thats real stress.......... poor results in football matches is not suffering or shouldn't be that stressful in the grand scheme of present realities imho.

Anyway this is all an assumption, he may of just had a domestic with the Mrs before the game?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not fooling me. For months you've been pushing the narrative that Potter is some scared weakling while Tony Bloom is too proud to sack him. This is essentially more of the same shit, disguised as something else. The modus operandi of a gossiping teenage girl in the highschool cafeteria.

Sweet Jesus... just take my words for what they are, don’t over analyse everything ... I have no secret agenda, why the sod would I? No one would give a shit... something you need to realise... wink wink.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I watched his post match bbc interview and it dawned on me, how much pressure he is under... he looked really worn, not great, shakey, agitated and seriously under high stress. In all honesty I felt a bit worried - and (yep) sorry for blaming him for our failings... on occasion.

He’s trying his utmost and i can only imagine what he went through when our deserved goal was cancelled out...

Anyway, I’m getting right behind him from now on as he’s just a bloke trying his best, and from what I saw re his body language he’s finding it bloody tough right now... I’m no expert, but anyone could see it last night... he looked close to snapping.

Yes - that’s what he’s paid for etc. but he deserves less pressure from us for a start - the players need to work bloody hard - not always the case, see Leo et al.

Time to back him, especially throughout Sunday.

Keep going Graham.

At least he has an incredibly supportive chairman.
This is the primary whinge of pretty much all other managers.
He also has the security of a massive contract.
He also understands that being a football manager means stress.
the biggest issue here is, that he hates media interviews

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
At least he has an incredibly supportive chairman.
This is the primary whinge of pretty much all other managers.
He also has the security of a massive contract.
He also understands that being a football manager means stress.
the biggest issue here is, that he hates media interviews

Yes - I agree he’s not great with the media, but for me there was a big sea change in his internal and outward demeanor last night. He needs a win, boy do we all need a win!!

I do take the point that there’s way more important stuff rumbling on, way more... but as a person who cares about people, I say again: he needs our support.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Must be really tough.

Wasn't it about a year ago he lost both his parents? So it's not like he's had an easy ride off the pitch. Still, get over it mate, you're paid millions. Everybody has stress in their personal and professional lives which it impacts in different ways, and of course, NHS workers, people ill and dying, losing their homes is awful and is undoubtedly a different kind of stress - but to diminish someone's mental health because they're financially well off? Have some empathy.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyway this is all an assumption, he may of just had a domestic with the Mrs before the game?

Yeah, she went into one insisting that he work from home on Wednesday because London had just gone into tier 3. He said his boss doesn't ever let him work from home as he can't be trusted and just sits around ******* all day. [emoji3]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here