Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter OUT

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We rod our luck massively at various stages of the game. Another day that could have been a 6-0. Don't kid yourself.

We didn’t defend well agreed. Fortunately all Chelsea did was shoot straight at Ryan the whole time. Could have been far worse today but for poor finishing. Very hard to see where the goals are coming from.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ludicrous from the OP but we have to have a plan B regarding playing it out from the back. It’s soooo predictable. Chelsea we’re onto it straight away. We couldn’t get out of our half at times.

First goal came from the press when there was an outball to the right wing (Montoya?)

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Crab i wanted to start it a few weeks ago i honestly did. I held back simply because it went massively against the grain on here. Alarm bells rang for me in August.

Sometimes managers get the boot after just a few games . I felt Potter should have been one of those casualties.

He doesn't convince me at all. I'm embarrassed by the way we defend.

You should be embarrassed by your negative attitude and your pathetic personality.

You know nothing about football, pal. You're an attention seeking stain.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Losing to Spurs won't tell us much. If we fail to pick up any points against Villa (away), Everton (home) and Norwich (home) panic may set in.

That's an understatement!

I'd expect him to resign and admit he's not good enough for the Premier League tactically, as we'd be 19th, a point behind Watford.

I still have faith in Potter but, after Wednesday, and all the youth players, that was incredibly disappointing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
By the time we play Spurs it will be October

To date we have beaten the bottom side of the league who haven't won yet and a league 1 side in a cup.

It's the way we defend and go about our business that frightens me greatly. It worried me back in August.

The only highlights for me are the kids. Even Potter had no choice to start them due to injuries, I like what i see but we are a struggling team and using kids this early in the season is another concern.

There you go. That's far more balanced post. When things aren't going well you need to try and find the positive aspects and then try and expand them.

I disagree with your appraisal owhy the Watford result was so good.

I don't think Watford were that bad that day.

I think Brighton played well and the style of play caught them by surprise because it was the first game of the season and opposition scouts hadn't anything to go on before the match.

Teams know what to expect now and they are combating it. That's why I thought today the longer ball out should have been played more. That caused problems. I think he just needs to mix things up s bit and not be so predictable and easy to read.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In a way this is continuum of the CH can’t buy a win form (except very rarely; Hudd at home, Watford away). Post Spurs, presumably another no-win, the habit must be broken, to give confidence.

We need Trossard back though imho.

Today we were expecting a defeat. Well i was some on here thought otherwise :D

It was the manner of the defeat that pisses me off. Terrible defending and once again we don't look like scoring. I see no improvement at either end of the pitch. If anything it getting worse.

I have no faith in Potter to turn it around i'm afraid. This slump is horrendous. I said i liked the look of today's team which i did. Injuries didn't help though. Look at the bench though. It's bad. Really bad for this level. When i saw it i thought somebody mixed it up with the U23 game with Spurs the other night.
How can this be after all the millions we spent ? I give up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wait until Spurs roll us over.

This will be the game that will see our fans finally turn in there hordes and say Spence was right all those weeks ago.

Trust me it will happen.

Spurs at home WILL BE THE ONE when the boos will fill the Amex.

You’ve not seen spurs away from home have you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A 2-0 defeat at Chelsea was probably the most expected result if you looked at the bookies odds. The big blows this season were the injury time equaliser at home to Burnley when we deserved to win, Andone's crazy tackle which changed the game against Soton, and the good performance at Newcastle which also deserved 3 points.

That's the reason the league table doesn't look quite as good as it should at the moment.

Not to mention West Ham thanking their lucky stars for scraping a lucky draw.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You’re joking, I assume.

We always get outclassed by Chelsea in a routine win for them.

I looked it up. We have never not lost to Chelsea in a league game.

In all competitions , we have beaten them once. ever. January 14 , 1933. 2-1 in the cup.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You’ve not seen spurs away from home have you?

Don't need to. It's an away win for me because i've seen enough of our defending this season. to say we don't stand a chance.

Losing away at Chelsea is no disgrace, but the lack of creativity & sloppy defending is of great concern. Potter out? No. We do need a statement from the club about getting attackers away from the team without replacements. Our attacking options look painfully weak - in all honesty I think we would be struggling to score in the Championship right now. Concerned.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We didn’t defend well agreed. Fortunately all Chelsea did was shoot straight at Ryan the whole time. Could have been far worse today but for poor finishing. Very hard to see where the goals are coming from.

Great isn't it, there's another thread on here that says Ryan isn't very good, and doesn't make a save, despite being beaten by world class strikers like Aguero.

Yet when he makes lots of saves it's because all the shots have been hit straight at him!!!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Today we were expecting a defeat. Well i was some on here thought otherwise :D

It was the manner of the defeat that pisses me off. Terrible defending and once again we don't look like scoring. I see no improvement at either end of the pitch. If anything it getting worse.

I have no faith in Potter to turn it around i'm afraid. This slump is horrendous. I said i liked the look of today's team which i did. Injuries didn't help though. Look at the bench though. It's bad. Really bad for this level. When i saw it i thought somebody mixed it up with the U23 game with Spurs the other night.
How can this be after all the millions we spent ? I give up.

He’s given up , everybody

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is spence the most unpopular visitor to NSC of all time?

Rolls up sleeves.
Now desperately trying to remember more shitehouse strikers the club has been linked with. :lol:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Losing away at Chelsea is no disgrace, but the lack of creativity & sloppy defending is of great concern. Potter out? No. We do need a statement from the club about getting attackers away from the team without replacements. Our attacking options look painfully weak - in all honesty I think we would be struggling to score in the Championship right now. Concerned.

Haven’t posted in years but you Sir have hit the nail on the head!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pointless post and just drivel. Hughton is long gone. It's about Potter and poor recruitment.

I’m pleased you mentioned recruitment, not just Potter.

Radio Sussex felt we’ll be looking to sign a striker when the Jan window opens.

Damning comments on Andone though ... in effect he engineered his departure and will never want to come back to Brighton. It’s now just down to a fee the club can hopefully get for Andone.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Great isn't it, there's another thread on here that says Ryan isn't very good, and doesn't make a save, despite being beaten by world class strikers like Aguero.

Yet when he makes lots of saves it's because all the shots have been hit straight at him!!!

Sorry......but a large majority of them were. Not trying to downgrade his performance or anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here