Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ‘Grace’ locations

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not been there for years but The Lewes Victoria didn't actually look like the Lewes Victoria I remember.

I thought it was ok nice Sunday evening viewing, won't be using the same medium as Roy though if I lose anything of value :)

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Not been there for years but The Lewes Victoria didn't actually look like the Lewes Victoria I remember.

I thought it was ok nice Sunday evening viewing, won't be using the same medium as Roy though if I lose anything of value :)

It was HMRC Durrington.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Very good I thought. I've not read any of the books so dont know how close they stuck to the story-line etc, but well worth watching.

It seemed pretty close from what I remember of the book, obviously condensing a 500+ page book to a 90 minute programme means details are lost. Also the book took liberties with geography too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I loved it and will be watching next week.
Some nice aeriel shots of the A27 at Shoreham and the adur.
Fantastic that they used that area with the guy in the caravan too.
One thing that disorientated me was(without giving any spoilers),the scene where the incident that was witnessed by the hen party looked like Worthing seafront,then the detectives turned up and were inside the flat and the view from the window in the east(behind grace) seemed to show Brighton pier but then the view to the west(behind the other detective)seemed to show another pier which didn't look like the west pier,it seemed like a pier still in use.i will watch that scene again to get it all straight in my head,but was a bit disorientated at the time.

The scene you are talking about seemed ok to me. The hen party was at Legends Hotel on the corner of Camelford Street. When the detectives were in the flat the Palace Pier was behind Branson and you could see the wall of the marina behind Grace.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I loved it and will be watching next week.
Some nice aeriel shots of the A27 at Shoreham and the adur.
Fantastic that they used that area with the guy in the caravan too.
One thing that disorientated me was(without giving any spoilers),the scene where the incident that was witnessed by the hen party looked like Worthing seafront,then the detectives turned up and were inside the flat and the view from the window in the east(behind grace) seemed to show Brighton pier but then the view to the west(behind the other detective)seemed to show another pier which didn't look like the west pier,it seemed like a pier still in use.i will watch that scene again to get it all straight in my head,but was a bit disorientated at the time.

I don't think it is on next week - it appears to be Midsomer Murders! More coming later in the year.

I enjoyed it. Was very Vera like without the dodgy accents.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Ahhh,ok,yes that makes sense now.
In my mind the apartment was west of the pier for some reason so I thought it was the palace pier behind grace.
The apartment is actually east of the palace pier.
All makes perfect sense now,thanks very much.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The episode is based on the only book of his ive read!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Didn’t the medium call it correctly? The bracelet was Mark’s, who was in Brighton. It did not belong to Michael who was buried.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I don't think it is on next week - it appears to be Midsomer Murders! More coming later in the year.

I enjoyed it. Was very Vera like without the dodgy accents.

Haha,ok that's typical.finally something decent to watch but we have to wait ages for the next episode lol.
Thanks for lettinge know asI'm not really interested in midsomer murders.
Cheers

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Unless I've misremembered the book which I read some years ago, Grace was supposed to meet his date in Tunbridge Wells. The Crowborough accident explains why he was delayed. However as most restaurants were closed they went to Guildford to dine. If I've got that wrong I am sure someone else who has read the book will correct me.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was hoping to see Bella munching maltesers looking something like “Crisps” who some may recognise from the Bellcheeses at Work thread.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought it was very good. Spent half the time trying to figure out where the various places where but that's standard for something set in Brighton. The girls flat was those monstrosities built behind the station. The Victims flat was Chichester Terrace way? Mark's flat was next to legends and the Pier was well the pier.

Made the old place look really good I thought.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this yet, though haven't watched it yet - any good?
I have not read the books so went in with open eyes, yes, they messed up on the locations but I bet that happens in any TV show filmed in a specific area..overall it was very good, a bit grim due to the violence but, that's what you get in a murder/mystery prog.

I feel sorry for the character at the centre of the story who goes out on his stag do and rather has a time he will never forget!

I will def watch the series though, John Simm excellent as always.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will it turn out better than Line of Duty which starts again next week..

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some pretty shonky acting from some of the cast.
John Simm is always watchable though. As opposed to Ian Beale who played him onstage ha!
Pretty entertaining stuff though, and always good to spot familiar places.

When it started and they talked about the shoes and the medium I was thinking I’ve seen this before. It all seems really familiar. Then I looked in my bookshelf and saw I had the book and have read half of it. I gave up because I couldn’t stand how poorly written it was but the series is watchable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here