Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

grabban gone

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think both Orient (if they win at Wembley of course) and Brentford could struggle. Both have small crowd income. Apparently Brisbane Road can cope with 1,500 away supporters max. Don't know about Griffin Park, but can't be much more than that, standing too. Or it was this season.

The Withdean didn't hurt us in the long run

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Oscar is quoted as saying that Grabban was quite happy to come to us, even had a medical.
Bloom and Burke, were the stumbling blocks.

TB was in Australia, as usual, and the deal fell apart whilst everyone waited for them to communicate apparently.

The fact that he goes to Oz any chance he gets just adds to the appeal of the man for me, love him to bits, enlightened generous ****ing hometown hero.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I feel a little bit sorry for all those Bournemouth fans who must have been singing his praises after he turned us down to stay with The Cherries.

It's an interesting one because had we got promoted he'd now be looking a bit stupid. I suppose he and his agent took a calculated risk that the worst case scenario was a big contract at Bournemouth and, having extended it, they'd probably have to sell if they missed out of relegation.

Had he come here we would have had a chance of promotion which would have been worth more to us than him. And if we didn't get promoted we could have made a few £million by selling him. We clearly decided that promotion was less important than doing good business.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The fact that he goes to Oz any chance he gets just adds to the appeal of the man for me, love him to bits, enlightened generous ****ing hometown hero.

So going to Oz and being uncontactable on the most important day of the season is ok?

The January transfer window defines the end of season run and season as a whole.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
So going to Oz and being uncontactable on the most important day of the season is ok?

The January transfer window defines the end of season run and season as a whole.

surely he leaves instructions / authority with the c-suite

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know how much we offered him, but I thought we should have offered him more (£1m was a bargain, and we've got to compete with other clubs on wages). The fact that Cardiff have now paid £3m suggests we should have.

Says it all really. You don't know how much was offered but we should have offered more!!! I suspect agents would love to deal with someone like you. In fact, they probably do when they deal with the likes of QPR and Forest!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Says it all really. You don't know how much was offered but we should have offered more!!!
Do you think we should have offered Murray more? Do you know how much we offered him?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you think we should have offered Murray more? Do you know how much we offered him?

No I don't know how much was offered. Would I have preferred Murray to stay, of course I would but there are limits to what we can pay. There isn't a bottomless pit of money but some seem to think there is. They also ignore FFP which if we did, could easily end up with those that complain about inactivity in the January window having even more to moan about!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I don't know how much was offered. Would I have preferred Murray to stay, of course I would but there are limits to what we can pay. There isn't a bottomless pit of money but some seem to think there is. They also ignore FFP
I don't ignore FFP, I'm aware there's no bottomless pit and that there are limits. And while I don't know the amount we offered Murray, I'm pretty sure we could have offered more (without offering more than we'd offered CMS), and with hindsight I think we should have. And I don't know what we offered Grabban, but we seem to have offered less than Bournemouth, and I would guess we offered him less than we're paying Ulloa and CMS.

We can't offer all players as much as they ask for, we have to play the game and see what we can get away with, often paying less than we could. Grabban was the one player I thought we should have tried harder to sign, that's all. I know others disagree, and don't think he's that good - I just thought he was the sort of player we needed at the time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't ignore FFP, I'm aware there's no bottomless pit and that there are limits. And while I don't know the amount we offered Murray, I'm pretty sure we could have offered more (without offering more than we'd offered CMS), and with hindsight I think we should have. And I don't know what we offered Grabban, but we seem to have offered less than Bournemouth, and I would guess we offered him less than we're paying Ulloa and CMS.

We can't offer all players as much as they ask for, we have to play the game and see what we can get away with, often paying less than we could. Grabban was the one player I thought we should have tried harder to sign, that's all. I know others disagree, and don't think he's that good - I just thought he was the sort of player we needed at the time.

So those two are the one we should have offered more for :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here