Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gove OUT in cabinet reshuffle

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Do not understand why education has to be a political football,surely we should be able to reach agreement on what is the best system.The same applies to the NHS.

The teachers and most other union based workers will never support a tory government.Gove never had a chance and the next education minister will suffer the same. Teachers will only be happy with a 20% pay rise, more holidays and more feminisation of the education system. We get thousands of students with over inflated opinions of themselves, no high end jobs and shed loads of immigrants who are not too proud to pick up a broom and graft. Gove wanted kids to have the education he had. He may or may not have been right but at least he made decisions, not flip flopped like some ministers. Now the kids suffer again. Nice work teachers, your immature name calling and hatred has got results. Very grown up actions!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just goes to show how stupid most teachers are.

What an utterly moronic comment. I won't bother arguing with your assertion, as it is so patently untrue. How do people like you develop such an all encompassing and negative perception of an entire profession?

Of course we don't think much of the Tory policy will change. However, Gove has been entirely negative as an Education Secretary, and all teachers I know will celebrate him leaving.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The teachers and most other union based workers will never support a tory government.Gove never had a chance and the next education minister will suffer the same. Teachers will only be happy with a 20% pay rise, more holidays and more feminisation of the education system. We get thousands of students with over inflated opinions of themselves, no high end jobs and shed loads of immigrants who are not too proud to pick up a broom and graft. Gove wanted kids to have the education he had. He may or may not have been right but at least he made decisions, not flip flopped like some ministers. Now the kids suffer again. Nice work teachers, your immature name calling and hatred has got results. Very grown up actions!!

Okay and there was me thinking Gove had got the sack for publicly picking a fight with the Home Secretary. Bloody lefty teachers eh ! Tsk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

:facepalm::jester:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The teachers will be pleased with your assertation that they and not Mr Cameron are in charge of government policy. Mr Cameron, I suspect, will not be.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can you show - without resorting to third-person hearsay, corrupted evidence or inherent prejudice, while preferably using first-hand knowledge, corroborated testimony and maybe reliable statistics - any evidence to reasonably back up the claim that most (i.e. more than 50%) teachers are 'stupid'?

Thanks.

Well that would be a first for NSC on any discussion.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Well said.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What an utterly moronic comment. I won't bother arguing with your assertion, as it is so patently untrue. How do people like you develop such an all encompassing and negative perception of an entire profession?

Of course we don't think much of the Tory policy will change. However, Gove has been entirely negative as an Education Secretary, and all teachers I know will celebrate him leaving.

So this would be like the people that held celebration parties when Maggie Thatcher died.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So this would be like the people that held celebration parties when Maggie Thatcher died.

Eh? What are you talking about? How have you linked celebrating someone's death to celebrating somebody moving on to a new job, having caused nothing but low morale, anger and despondency in their previous role?

I am delighted that he has gone. I hope Morgan might engage more in a dialogue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Relatively few people did though, whereas the vast majority of teachers, all of whom are professionally qualified, believe that Gove was more concerned with impressing the readers of his wife's organ than preparing the next generation for the challenges of the online age.

You may take the same view as Gove in that it's more important to know the kings and queens of 17th century England than how to understand statistics or engineering, but there is zero empirical evidence to support your viewpoint.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Eh? What are you talking about? How have you linked celebrating someone's death to celebrating somebody moving on to a new job, having caused nothing but low morale, anger and despondency in their previous role?

I am delighted that he has gone. I hope Morgan might engage more in a dialogue.

Teachers have been moaning at their work and conditions for at least fifty years that I can remember. Nothing will change for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here