Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gotham

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For those that are still watching and are geeky about Batman, it feels like I'm missing out of stuff.

I'm enjoying the series, or to be more precise I'm enjoying Penguin.
Catwoman is currently Catgirl & The Riddler is the scene of crime investigator, but that's about it.

Are there any other main characters appearing that I've not noticed?

I can't believe I would have missed The Joker.

I've only seen the first 5 episodes (I tend to binge watch after getting a build up on my planner these days).

There have been several attempts to tell the Joker's backstory in the comics, to the point where the idea no one knows which is true has actually become part of the history of the character.

In one of them, he is a failed stand up comedian, who is convinced to help a gang get access to a chemical plant he used to work at, but he gets framed and falls in a vat of acid.

In one of the early episodes of Gotham, Jada Pinket Smith is audition acts for her clubs, and one of them is a stand up comedian, which I think was more a nod to the story than an actual set up, but I think that's the closest to the joker appearing (at least from what I've seen so far).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The beginning of the venom serum and poison ivy cameo.
Oh yes I remember poison ivy, now.
Who/what is venom serum?

My bat knowledge is Adam West and one watch of all the films, plus a very early crush on Julie Newmar.

I can't think why:-

JulieNewmar.jpg

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What episode are we up to here?

I've been watching on the American schedule and it reached episode 10, the midseason finale, last week

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
For those that are still watching and are geeky about Batman, it feels like I'm missing out of stuff.

I'm enjoying the series, or to be more precise I'm enjoying Penguin.
Catwoman is currently Catgirl & The Riddler is the scene of crime investigator, but that's about it.

Are there any other main characters appearing that I've not noticed?

I can't believe I would have missed The Joker.

Victor Zsasz has been featured. He plays the insane character. If you have played any of the recent batman games he is in them.Link to see what he is about.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Zsasz

I'm loving it and I think the story of Jim Jordan ( Ben McKenzie) is excellent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I have another catch up please:-

Cat woman.
Poison Ivy.
The Riddler.
The Penguin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do you want to know?
Just who else has turned up.
I cant believe all that Arkham stuff didnt turn up one or two new/old characters.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not seen this week's double episode yet, but I think they are trying to pace themselves a bit.

It sounds like, as I mentioned earlier, they intend to refer to the several possible joker origins. I've seen links to articles regarding a recent appearance in the US of someone whose story is another potential joker origin (and happens to be played by someone a lot of fans have put forward as a potential actor to play the joker).

Looking at the synopsis for upcoming episodes in a week or two, there will be an appearance by Dr Gerald Crane, father of Dr Jonathan Crane aka The Scarecrow.

Victor Zasz has made an appearance. He was played by Tim Booth in Batman Begins. He is a villain who cuts tallys into his skin every time he kills someone.

A younger Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman in the Nolan-verse) has been cast.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But you don't want to add to many characters. I'm sure they will later down the line when other characters go missing.
Because I'm not properly ITK I just feel like I'm missing out, and spend half the time second guessing everyone:-

Is he is a character?
Is he The Joker?

Or as with The Electricutioner
Is that his name or does he become else?

Is Gordon's new squeeze on the level?

and so on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was an episode in the first run where a businessman forced employees or potential employees to fight each other. That was Richard Sionis aka 'the black mask' - he was the main villain in the last Arkham video game.

Bruce Wayne met a school bully called Thomas Elliott - he grows up to be Hush (a villain who as a kid was desperate to be just like Bruce he killed his own parents)

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Because I'm not properly ITK I just feel like I'm missing out, and spend half the time second guessing everyone:-

Is he is a character?
Is he The Joker?

Or as with The Electricutioner
Is that his name or does he become else?

Is Gordon's new squeeze on the level?

and so on.

http://bamsmackpow.com/2015/01/15/gotham-the-alter-egos-of-the-electrocutioner/

It's a good read on the information about jack gruber, aka the electrocutioner.
Do you have the ability to use catch up?
Joker was in the first series, telling jokes on stage. I missed that but someone on here told me about it. I rewatched some of it. As I like it so much. But obviously finding time to rewatch it all again might be hard.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Joker was in the first series, telling jokes on stage. I missed that but someone on here told me about it. I rewatched some of it. As I like it so much. But obviously finding time to rewatch it all again might be hard.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier, but to repeat/clarify

In the comics, the Joker has had different origin stories over the years, and at some point they decided to go with the idea that all of those that have been written are possible origin stories that the people of Gotham have heard, but none of them has been confirmed as his true origin. This show appears to be showing/hinting to several of these origins stories.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not even I could miss the introduction of a known young baddie.

Blimey, didnt they do that well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here